The accounting concentration at Robert Morris University provides comprehensive coverage of the many functions that accountants perform in the complex and changing contemporary business environment.
The B.S.B.A. with a concentration in accounting prepares students for careers in all areas of accounting, including auditing, taxation, managerial or cost, financial reporting and governmental.
Upon completing the B.S.B.A. with a concentration in accounting, graduates will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of financial reporting, and analyze and use financial information when making business decisions;
- Utilize information technology to make business decisions;
- Understand and apply ethical principles and social responsibility in business interactions;
- Communicate effectively and professionally; and
- Work in a complex, dynamic business environment.
The 120-credit hour curriculum has five components:
- Robert Morris University Core - 42 credits
These are the traditional liberal arts requirements of the University. Studies in humanities, communications skills, and social, behavioral, natural and quantitative sciences are included.
- Business Foundations Courses - 30 credits
These are required of all students earning a B.S.B.A. degree and include courses in accounting, finance, marketing, management and other business administration areas.
- Concentration (Accounting) - 24 credits
This is the major field of study and includes required courses in accounting information systems, financial accounting, cost accounting, taxes and auditing. The provision of two electives permits students to extend their knowledge of some particular interest in the accounting field.
- Business Electives - 9 credits
Students may select three courses offered within the School of Business to broaden their skills in some business area(s) of interest.
- Non-Business Electives - 15 credits
Students may select five courses offered outside the School of Business to broaden their skills in some area(s) of interest. Some students elect to pursue internships or cooperative education experiences to earn college credits while gaining practical experience.
Tuition information can be found at Tuition Fees & Schedules.
The following are required for admission:
- Robert Morris University application for admission - Apply Now!
- Official transcripts from high school and any post-secondary instituitions attended
Bachelor-Level Internship Employers
Allegheny County; Alpern Rosenthal; Bayer; Calgon Carbon; CIGNA; Deloitte; Department of Defense; FedEx; Giant Eagle; Heinz North America; Jackson Hewitt; KPMG; Liberty Tax Service; Bank of New York Mellon; PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP; US Steel.
Bachelor-Level Hiring Organizations
Alcoa; Alpern Rosenthal; Bank of New York; Calgon Carbon; Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh; Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; Deloitte; Duquesne University; Ernst & Young; H&R Block; Internal Revenue Service; KPMG; Maher Duessel CPAs; Mellon Financial; PNC Bank; PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP; Schneider Downs; University of Pittsburgh; PNC Bank; Internal Revenue Service.
|Position Title||Position Salary|
|Commercial Banking (Consumer)||$40,000|
|Investment Banking (Corporate Finance)||$54,470|
|The information in this chart is based off of 2009 nation mean salaries|