The following are the criteria for the B. Kenneth Simon Free Enterprise Scholarship. Applicants must:
- Be enrolled as a high school senior.
- Be a resident for more than one year of one of the following Pennsylvania counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Washington, or Westmoreland.
- Possess a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Possess a combined SAT score of 1170 (critical reading and math) or higher or an ACT composite score of 24 or better.
- Secure a sponsoring teacher from high school to serve as an advisor for the research paper.
- Submit a research paper of between 2,500 and 3,000 words on a topic established annually by the scholarship selection committee.
- Application Deadline is Friday, December 15, 2017. Please click here to download a pdf application.
- Friday, Dec. 15, 2017
Application deadline for all students interested in the scholarship.
- Friday, Feb. 23, 2018
Research papers due for all candidates.
- Week of April 2, 2018
B. Kenneth Simon Free Enterprise Scholarship 2018 recipient chosen and notified.
TOPIC FOR RESEARCH PAPER FOR 2018 CANDIDATES
Under the U.S. Constitution, may a sitting President be indicted or tried for a crime or is impeachment the only avenue available while he or she is in office? Does the same conclusion apply to the Vice President? What about other federal office holders?