Exchange Student Information: Robert Morris University Exchange Student Information | Robert Morris University

Global Engagement

Congratulations, now that you've been accepted for an exchange experience at RMU, these are the next steps to make sure you are prepared!

1. Activate Your RMU Student Account Online
This will give you access to your RMU email, financial status, checksheet, freedom card, housing, etc. Information to activate your account will be sent with your DS-2019.

2. Apply for Housing on Campus
After you have activated your RMU Student Account, begin applying for your housing contract. Exchange students are all expected to live in the Global Living Learning Community in Monroe Hall. On-campus housing space is limited, apply NOW!

3. Health Form
Please complete the Health Form and return it to the Health Services Department (please note that part of this form must be completed by a physician). You must have the form completed in your home country and ready to give to us upon your arrival at Robert Morris University.
4. Health Insurance
Every J visa holder is required to have health insurance that must meet the minimum standards set forth by the United States Department of State. All student's insurance must meet these minimum requirements to maintain a valid status in the U.S.

Mandatory Coverage Minimum Coverage Amount Required
Medical Benefits $100,000
Repatriation of Remains
Medical Evacuation $50,000
Deductible per accident or illness $500


Please note the University does provide a health care insurance carrier for those students who which to suppliment their coverage. International students will be enrolled in this insurance upon registration at RMU. If you have your own health insurance, you can provide the information by following these instructions so that the premium amount will not be posted to your RMU account.

5. Course Registration

Select courses from RMU that you would like to take and submit them to Jesse Phillips. He will work with you to register for the classes that you need.  Here is a list of RMU courses. Please note that the courses for your semester may not be available yet.

You should pay close attention to "prerequisites." This means that you must have taken a certain class before you are eligible to take the next class. For example, Chemistry I is a prerequisite for Chemistry II.

Please note that all exchange students must take at least 12 credits (4 classes) while in the United States.

6. Airport Transportation Form
This form, offered only to our exchange students, allows you to be picked up at the airport and taken to campus. This form will be mailed to you as part of your application packet. Please complete it a return by the deadline listed on the form.

7. Obtain International Driver's License (Highly Recommended)

The State of Pennsylvania highly recommends that you have an international driver's license if you plan to drive while you are in Pennsylvania. A semester-long exchange student is not eligilbe for a Pennsylvania Driver's License, since you are in the state for less than 6 months. Obtaining an international driver's license is the only way you will be able to drive.

8. Parking Pass (Optional)
If you have a car here at RMU and want to park on campus, you must register for a parking pass. You can register here.