General Research Proposal Review Checklist
Please consider the following prior to submitting a research proposal for submission to Dr. Sushil Acharya, Assistant Provost for Research & Graduate Studies:
- Have you reviewed the sponsor’s most recent guidelines?
- Are these terms and conditions that bind the university into an agreement at the proposal stage?
- Will these terms and conditions result in a publication restriction?
- Is the proposal a new, competitive renewal, progress report, resubmission, or revision (Supplement)?
- Is the proposal being submitted electronically or hardcopy?
- Have the PI and other key personnel been identified clearly?
- Has current Conflict of Interest form been completed?
- Have waivers for faculty/staff outside of the department submitting the proposal been obtained?
- Has a level of effort according to sponsor guidelines been indicated for all key personnel? (Effort must be requested even if salary support is not requested.)
- Are all budget costs allowable according to the sponsor’s guidelines?
- Is cost sharing required? If so, has the proposal addressed this issue?
- Are subcontractors included in the project?
- Has a budget been included for each subcontract?
- Has a signed Statement of Intent been completed for each subcontract?
- Does the proposal require a signature from an authorized University official?
No grantee or proposal should be approached and/or submitted to a foundation without first checking with Institutional Advancement.