What it is
An online tool that lets you manage and measure various social media accounts. Similar to Hootsuite and Tweetdeck, but there's no app to download. To manage your social media via Gremln, all you need is access to the Internet via any web browser.
How it works
Create a free account at Gremlin.com to get started. You will receive an email prompting you to verify your email account. Once you click the link in the email, it will take you back to the Gremln website, log you in, show you your dashboard and prompt you to add social media accounts (first time around). You can then monitor and organize feeds from the social media accounts you've added using tabbed pages and column-style panels.
Ways to use it
- To view, manage and message to multiple social media accounts (up to 5 with the free version).
- Set up searches on keywords and phrases to track mentions of your organization or any other topic of interest.
- Measure statistics and engagement levels for each account and your Klout score, if you have signed up at Klout.com (an account has to collect data for 30 days for the best accuracy).
- Create and track social media goals.
- Schedule messages (up to 5 per hour with the free version), including recurring messages.
- Translate your messages into other languages before posting.
- Delegate social media duties by sharing your Gremln account and setting review/approval permissions for each user.
- Get automatic link shortening with the built in Brev.is tool and obtain statistics on number of click-throughs for links that you post.
How much it costs
A Basic account is free and allow you to add up to 5 social media accounts. The next level up is Plus for $6/month if you need to add more accounts (up to 10) and want additional features. (There is also a Small Business version for $59/month and a Premium version for $500/month if you have lots of social media accounts and want customized features and deeply detailed analytics.)
Where to get it
Sign up at Gremln.com.