Whether you are thinking about hiring IT staff, want to see if your current technology workers’ salaries and benefits are competitive, or want to find out how your own salary measures up, you can find compensation and benefits information for technology-related positions in the 2010 Wage and Benefits Survey.
Technology roles (and other possible job titles for those roles) that were included in the survey are as follows:
- Director, Information Technology/Services (other sample job titles: MIS Director, Chief Technology Officer)
- Information Technology Manager (other sample job titles: Senior Technology Consultant, Systems Administrator)
- Database Administrator (other sample job titles: Database Services Manager, Database Programmer, MIS Coordinator)
- Network Technician (other sample job titles: Network Engineer, Systems Analyst, Technology Coordinator)
- Personal Computer Technician (other sample job titles: PC Support Specialist, Systems Specialist)
- Data Entry Operator (other sample job titles: Computer Operator, Data Entry Clerk, Data Processor)
- Website Developer (other sample job titles: Manager of Electronic Media, Webmaster)
The survey is produced every two years by the United Way of Allegheny County in cooperation with The Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management at Robert Morris University.
This year’s survey results were released last week on the United Way website at http://www.unitedwaypittsburgh.org/images/Docs/2010SWPASurvey.pdf.