3” x 5” index cards have long been popular with researchers as a tool for collecting, then categorizing information by sorting the cards.
A useful online tool, WebSort.net, extends the capabilities of paper index cards by creating an online space to create and sort virtual “cards.” With built-in collaboration features, one can easily solicit feedback from multiple stakeholders.
Some examples of how an organization might use WebSort:
- construct your website intuitively
- validate the structure of your organization
- get feedback on your organization’s Internet or intranet
- learn where to add new content to an existing website
- reassign tasks and roles within a team
- create actionable workflows for project management
Try it for yourself at http://www.websort.net. As long as you have 10 or less collaborators involved in a card sort using this site, there is no charge!