Everyone likes to save money when making purchases, but for nonprofits, smart purchasing is a must. Instead of cutting corners, you might try cutting costs by joining a new service called the Nonprofit Purchasing Group.
For a $99 annual membership fee, nonprofits can save money on everyday purchases like office supplies, legal and accounting fees, rental cars, hotels, and…technology items. The group leverages its purchasing power through vendor negotiations and has created a number of vendor partnerships to save nonprofits money. In particular, here are some examples of the technology vendors with whom they have partnered:
- SurveyMonkey – 25% off annual subscription
- GoToMyPC – extended free trial period and 15% off
- Constant Contact – save up to 30%
- Intuit QuickBooks – save up to 30% on products and services
- Nonprofit Technology Network (NTEN) - free one-year membership
- GoToMeeting – extended free trial period and 15% off
If you are hesitant about whether your savings would be worth their annual membership fee, try out their online savings calculator to help you make your decision.
Check out this service at: http://www.nonprofitpurchasinggroup.org/.