Students who have completed or who are registered to complete all degree requirements by the end of the Fall/Spring semesters are permitted to participate in the commencement ceremony that follows the completion of the spring semester.
Students who are in good academic standing and who can finish their degree requirements by the end of the following Summer sessions according to a plan that has been reviewed and approved by their respective dean are also permitted to participate in commencement, providing they have no more than nine (9) credits to complete. Expected graduates are recognized in the commencement program.
Undergraduate Participation in Commencement Procedure
- Students wishing to participate in commencement must complete the graduation application not later than 10 days into the spring semester.
- Walk Early Students
- Students graduating at the end of the summer sessions must also complete the "Walk Early Form."
- The Academic Services Office will forward the walk early form to the respective school dean.
- The school dean will review the form, approve or deny the request, and return it to the Academic Services Office.
- The Academic Services Office will notify the student of the decision.
Revised October 2007