Q. How has Commencement changed for 2011?
A. This year we will again have two commencement ceremonies; however, the time for the evening Graduate ceremony has been changed:
- The Graduate Ceremony (master's and doctoral) will be held on Friday, May 6, at 4:00 p.m. in the Charles L. Sewall Center.
- The Undergraduate Ceremony (bachelor's) will be held on Saturday, May 7, at 9:30 a.m. in the Charles L. Sewall Center Arena.
Q. What is the deadline for applying for graduation?
A. You must apply for graduation by Monday, Jan. 24, 2011. Applying on time ensures that:
- You will receive you diploma after commencement via U.S. mail
- Your honors status is computed correctly
- You will receive four tickets to the Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony (if you are an undergraduate)
- Your name is listed in the Commencement program
Q. How do I apply for graduation?
A. Use the undergraduate and graduate degree application form.
Q. I've applied for graduation. What do I do next?
A. Attend Senior Salute in the Nicholson Center rotunda on one of the following dates:
- Monday, March 28, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 29, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Q. What is Senior Salute?
A. Senior Salute is a "graduation fair" for students at the bachelor's and master's levels who plan to graduate in May. At Senior Salute, you will:
- Verify that your graduation status is on track
- Receive the Commencement Guidebook, which contains all of the information you and your guests will need for Commencement weekend
- Get sized for your cap and gown
- Have the opportunity to purchase a class ring, diploma frame and more
- Receive your 4 tickets for the undergraduate ceremony. Tickets are not required for the graduate ceremony.
Q. How many tickets will I receive for Commencement?
A. Due to the limited seating capacity of the arena, each undergraduate (bachelor's) graduating student will receive four (4) tickets for the undergraduate ceremony. Please note that all guests, including young children, must have tickets to the Commencement ceremony. Undergraduate students may request additional tickets via the online ticket waitlist that will be available on April 1. Undergraduate students who apply late for graduation may not receive their allotted tickets if none are available.
Graduate (master's and doctoral) students will not require tickets. Seating for graduate students' guests is unlimited.
Q. When can I access the online ticket waitlist?
A. The online ticket waitlist for the undergraduate ceremony will be available beginning Friday, April 1, 2011. The waitlist will close at midnight, Friday, April 15.
Q. Where can I find information on lodgings for out-of-town guests?
A. There are more than a dozen hotels within 10 minutes of the RMU campus. Most provide van service to and from Pittsburgh International Airport. When making reservations, inform the hotel that you are attending Commencement at Robert Morris University.
Q. What is the schedule of events for Commencement Week?
A. The University has several days of events scheduled for the week of Commencement.
Q. If I've missed any of the Commencement deadlines or if I have any questions, who should I contact?
A. Call the Office of Academic Services (412-397-6230) to take care of last-minute commencement issues.