The Career Center provides Robert Morris University students and alumni access to the Career Library. The Career Library contains helpful handouts and tips sheets, magazines, trade publications, career-related books and computers/technology. Students and alumni are invited to use the Career Library according to the following policies:
Handouts & Tip Sheets
- Students and alumni are welcome to pick up copies of handouts and tip sheets included in the resource rooms. These materials are free to Robert Morris University students and alumni and typically include Job Choices magazines, Career Resource Guides for each major, tips sheets related to resume writing, interviewing, internship searching, job searching and graduate school planning, etc.
- Unless otherwise noted, magazines and trade publications are not available for sign out. Students and alumni may read these materials in the Career Library.
- Books may be signed out for one, two or three days. Others are reference materials only. Each book features a label on the cover stating its availability for sign out.
- Students and alumni who wish to sign out a book must complete the Book Sign Out Sheet.
- Current students may be asked to show their Freedom Card to verify their affiliation with Robert Morris University. Alumni who do not have a Freedom Card may be asked to show a copy of their resume and another form of identification such as a driver's license.
- The Career Center reserves the right to suspend the use of ColonialTRAK or other office services for any student or alumnus who fails to return a book in a timely manner.
- Students and alumni may use the computers, printers, and/or scanners for career-related purposes including writing resumes and cover letters, using ReferenceUSA, searching for internships or full-time positions, or conducting employer research.
- Students and alumni are asked to limit their use to one hour if others are waiting to use the equipment.