Today's nonprofit leaders work in a dynamic and changing environment to provide strong and effective leadership to their organizations while maintaining the caring, compassionate environment necessary to support their missions. To achieve that balance, many nonprofit managers find it useful to upgrade their management skills. That is the goal of the Master of Science (M.S.) in Nonprofit Management degree program, created specifically for nonprofit professionals and those entering the nonprofit sector.
The program combines the strengths and competencies of nonprofit organizations with best practices in management. You will be able to apply the principles learned to real-world situations in the workplace. One of the program's greatest strengths is its collaboration with RMU's Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management, the leading resource for assistance and support for nonprofit organizations in the region.
Faculty from RMU's highly respected School of Business and from the field integrate the theoretical with the practical by drawing on their own experience and expertise. The 30-credit degree program is offered online and provides a rich context in which students can explore examples and practices in the nonprofit sector.
- MSNM 6610 Fundamentals of Nonprofit Management
- MSNM 6670 Leadership & Management
- HRMG 6100 Current Issues in Human Resource Management
- MSNM 6140 Marketing Management for Nonprofit Organizations
- MSNM 6150 Fundamentals of Strategic Management for Nonprofit Organizations
- MSNM 6640 Development Strategies for Nonprofit Organizations
- MSNM 6650 Legal Issues and Governance in Nonprofit Organizations
- HRMG 6550 Finance & Accounting for Nonfinancial Managers
- MBAD 6073 Organizational Behavior
- 1 ELECTIVE from MBAD or HRMG
Program Requirements and Prerequisite Courses
Students who did not complete undergraduate coursework in certain business areas may be required to take prerequisite courses. The program director will evaluate your transcript to determine which courses you need. The following two-credit Pre-M.B.A. courses fulfill M.S. in Nonprofit Management prerequisites:
MBAP5012 Accounting Interactive
MBAP5022 Finance Interactive
MBAP5052 Statistics-Based Interactive
Tuition information can be found at Tuition Fees & Schedules.
To be considered for admission to the M.S. in Nonprofit Management degree program, applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.8 GPA. Applicants must submit the following credentials to the Graduate Admissions Office:
- A completed application and non-refundable $35 application fee. Apply online for free at www.rmu.edu/apply.
- Official undergraduate transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- A current résumé.
- Two letters of recommendation from people in the business, professional and/or educational communities.
- An essay demonstrating the purpose of pursuing the M.S. in Nonprofit Management degree and outlining what the candidate will contribute to the program.
- Official MAT (Miller's Analogy Test), GRE (Graduate Record Exam), or GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) score not older than five years.
For More Information
Contact the M.S. in Nonprofit Management enrollment counselor at 800-762-0097 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit our website at www.rmu.edu/sbus, where you can review course descriptions and submit your free application for admission.