Undergraduate nursing students must have a health evaluation upon admission and a health evaluation update annually thereafter.
Students will not be permitted to participate in clinical activities until the completed health form has been submitted.
- Students receive the appropriate nursing student health evaluation form from the RMU website or from the nursing advisor and return it by the due date.
- Students are responsible for arranging and paying for the required nursing health evaluation.
- The nursing advisor monitors health evaluation forms for completeness and appropriate signatures.
- An academic hold, which will prevent a student from registering, will be placed on the record of any student who has not met health requirements. Once the appropriate health form and laboratory tests have been submitted, the hold will be removed and the student can register.
- Up-to-date health evaluations are required for all clinical experiences.
Faculty Approval: 8/27/04