Ethics and Legal Studies
The Ethics and Legal Studies certificate program offers a foundation in the process of mutual legal rights and responsibilities between employer and employee in organizations, making ethical decisions, exhibiting personal ethical behavior, and creating ethical and non-discriminatory organizational culture.
This program prepares students for a wide variety of career options in which their broad knowledge about people and organizations enables them to implement strategies to accomplish goals, draw on the capabilities of all kinds of participants. Graduates obtain jobs or advance in their current careers in administration, management, and entrepreneurial ventures in corporate, government, private business, military, and non-profit organizations.
Wheatley Center 211
- ORGL6000 Foundations of Leadership and Followership
- ORGL6200 Leadership Ethics
- ORGL6400 Employment Laws and Practices in Organizations
- Program Objectives
Upon successful completion of this certificate program, participants should be
- Advance their current careers in in administration, management, and entrepreneurial ventures in corporate, government, private business, military, and non-profit organizations.
- Obtain a foundational knowledge and skills in the process of personal, group, and organizational change.
- Learn ways in which change is introduced and implemented in organizations.
- Sustain an organizational change culture.
- Use broad knowledge about the change process among people and organizations to implement strategies that are mutually beneficial and encourage organizational change and advancement.
- Curriculum and Study Method
The LEEL program consists of three 3-credit courses for a total of nine (9) credits. Participants will benefit from weekly online learning resources through Blackboard. 2 The program can be completed in less than six months in 8-week sessions online. It is available as a standalone credential or can count toward the Master of Science degree in Organizational Leadership. A previous Bachelor’s degree is required
These are some of the classes for students in this academic program: