Online teaching and learning has become a major focus for school districts, higher education institutions, and corporate training. The online teaching certificate program builds educators’ competency in developing and teaching online courses and enables them to receive an endorsement in online instruction from the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
The program is taught fully online in 8-week courses. It can be taken as a standalone program or combined with additional coursework for the M.S. in Instructional Leadership. This certificate is offered at the graduate level.
Lawrence Tomei, Ed.D.
Professor of Education
Vicki J. Donne, D.Ed.
Department Head, Education
- EDUC6610 Foundations of Online Teaching/Learning
- EDUC6620 Advance Techniques in Online Instruction
- EDUC6630 Methods of Online Assessment
- EDUC6650 Online Instruction Practicum
- Admissions Requirements
The admissions requirements include:
- Teaching Certificate (if applying for PDE Endorsement)
- Three acceptable criminal record/ child abuse clearances
- 2 letters of reference
These are some of the classes for students in this academic program: