Courses in the teacher certification program are taught by full-time faculty members and experienced professionals. Students gain a solid foundation in theory and practice through interdisciplinary study, student teaching and field experiences.
All programs meet the new certification requirements established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, and are currently accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). The accreditation process establishes rigorous standards for educator preparation programs and holds accredited institutions accountable for providing continuous evidence of meeting these standards.
Education students follow the Teacher Education Progress Process for undergraduates, post-baccalaureate students, and transfer students.
- Tuberculosis testing requirement for field placements and student teaching
- Detailed information about the clearances requirement
- Dispositional check process for teacher certification students
- Policy on Praxis II/PECT exams
- Policy on CLEP tests
- RMU lesson plan template
- LiveText ePortfolio template
- Education Initial Certification Handbook
- Application for pre-student teaching field experience
- Application for student teaching field experience
- Faculty recommendation form for candidacy status for teacher certification students
- Application for candidacy form
- Details and forms relating to the Teacher Work Sample Capstone Assignment