Media Arts B.A. or B.F.A (Photography)
The B.A. or B.F.A. in Media Arts with a concentration in Photography is designed for students interested in using photography as a tool for visual communication. Courses are career-oriented, and areas covered include studio and commercial photography, photojournalism, portraiture, documentary photography, and portfolio preparation. Students learn to capture, manipulate, and print photographic images in digital labs as well as a traditional darkroom.
Graduates go on to careers in advertising, marketing, photojournalism, studio and commercial photography, documentary photography, and portfolio preparation. Jobs include art director, creative director, photographer, photojournalist, and documentary filmmaker.
Wheatley Center 215
- 4-Year Course Plan (B.A.)
- ARTM2410 Intro to Multi-Camera Studio (3) and co-req ARTM0241 Intro to Multi-Camera Studio Lab (0)
- ARTM3310 Adv Digital Photography (3)
- Core 8: CSCM 2 (3)
- Open Elective 1 (3)
- ARTM3340 Photojournalism* (3) (*if selected from “pick two of three: ARTM3320, ARTM3330, ARTM3340”);
- If ARTM3340 not elected: take Open Elective
- 4-Year Course Plan (B.F.A)
These are some of the classes for students in this academic program:
School of Informatics, Humanities and Social Sciences
Focus on delivering information in a way that makes an impact. Create images that capture attention, compose words that inspire, and design technology that changes how we live.Visit School Site