- Ph.D., American Literature, Indiana University Of Pennsylvania, 2000
- Master of Arts, American Literature, Indiana University Of Pennsylvania, 1993
- Bachelor of Arts, English, Penn State, 1984
Mentoring Magic (2011)
Outstanding Academic Advisor (2008)
Area of Expertise/Research
- American Literature
- Women's Literature
- Multicultural Literature
- Klentzin, J.C. & Bucci, D. T. (2012) "Part-time Faculty and the Academic Library: A Case Study." The Journal of Academic Librarianship.
- Bucci, D.T. (Fall 2010). "The Clothes Make the Man (and Woman): The Performative Enactment of Identity in Tawni O'Dell's Back Roads." Americana: The Journal of American Popular Culture (1900-present).
- Bucci, D. T. (Summer 2010). "Integrated Literature: Using Multi-Ethnic Literature in the Undergraduate Classroom." Teaching American Literature: A Journal of Theory and Practice."
- Bucci, D. T. (Spring 2010). "Blood and Iron: The Inescapable Familial and Cultural Bonds in Anzia Yezierska's Bread Givers. Peer English.
- Bucci, D. T. (2007). "Ethnicity and the American Dream: Teaching Literature to Non-Majors." In American Dreams:Comparative Dialogues in U.S. Studies.Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Press.
- Bucci, D. T. (Winter 2007). "Chinese Americans and the Borderland Experience on Golden Mountain: The Development of a Chinese American Identity in The Woman Warrior: A Girlhood Among Ghosts." Ethnic StudiesReview.
- 2013 - "Ethnic Transformation and the Development of an 'American' Identity in Multiethnic Literature." Presented at the MELUS conference
- 2011 - "Mining for Meaning: The Mining Industry as Portrayed by Upton Sinclair and Tawni O'Dell." Presented at the Mid-Atlantic Popular and American Cultural Association conference
- 2011 - "I Had Been as Easy to Rape as the Land He Owned: An Ecofeminist Reading of Tawni O'Dell's Sister Mine." Presented at the Northern Appalachian Network conference
- 2009 - "Conflicting Identities: The Borderland Experience in Chinese American Literature." Presented at WVU's 33rd Annual Colloquium on Literature and Film
- 2009 - "Women and Ethnics Encouraged to Apply: Teaching the American Dream in the Undergraduate Classroom." Presented at the College English Association conference
- 2008 - "Bridging the Gap: Incorporating Ethnic American Literature into the College Classroom." Presented at the English Assoc. of Penn State Universities conference
- 2004 - "Teaching the Research Paper in the Undergraduate Classroom." Presented at the CEA of Ohio conference
- 2004 - "The Stuff that Dreams are Made of: August Wilson's Portrayal of the American Dream." Presented at the Northeast MLA conference
- 2003 - "The American Dream in African American Women's Literature: The Black Femal Protagonist's Pursuit of Upward Mobility." Presented at the Central NY Conference on Language and Literatures conference
- 2003 - "The American Dream in Literature: The Role of the Borderland in the Ethnic's Pursuit of Upward Mobility." Presented at the Nat'l Assoc of Ethnic Studies conference
- 2003 - "African American Literature and the American Dream." Presented at the National Association of African American Studies conference
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Diane
|ELIT2080-B||12:30-01:45 PM|| T R||M||Todd||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||23 Seats
|ELIT2030-A||12:30-01:45 PM|| T R||M||Todd||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||26 Seats