Reputation and Outcomes
A nationally ranked, doctoral-granting university, RMU has the professionally focused degree programs and personal attention that are the gateway to great careers and great lives.
Gallup studies show RMU students are more likely than typical college graduates to say college prepared them for life after graduation, are more likely to have a job offer waiting when they graduate, earn more, and are more engaged in their careers and thriving in their personal well-being. And with RMU’s Student Engagement Transcript, graduates have a record to show future employers of their leadership and other experiences outside the classroom.
95% of the Class of 2020 who are employed have jobs in their field of choice.
86% of graduates completed internships or other work-related experiences
77% of graduates work in a professional or managerial position
- U.S. News & World Report ranks RMU in its top 50 "Best Value Schools" among national doctoral universities. RMU also moved up 9 places in the top half of the 2022 national university rankings at No. 187.
- One of only 17 universities in the country named a Center of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries.
- Ranked No. 9 in Fortune magazine's Best Online MBA Programs in the Northeast for 2021.
- The first university in Pennsylvania to join the Amazon Web Service Academy and offer cloud computing certification curriculum.
- Military-friendly, with scholarships and grants to close the gap between federal Yellow Ribbon Program benefits and tuition, with a Gold ranking in 2021 Military Friendly® Schools.
- One of the Top Universities for Professional Sales Education 2021 named by the Sales Education Foundation.
- Ranked #7 by Learn.org in the Best Online Cyber Security Bachelor's Degree Programs and and #18 in Best Online Bachelor's in Law Enforcement.
- Ranked in the top third of Doctor of Nursing Practice programs nationwide for 2022 by U.S. News & World Report, rising 12 places to #105.
- Named in Princeton Review 2022 "Best Regional Colleges" in the Northeastern region.
- Ranked #18 in Best 25 Software Developer Degree Programs 2021 by Best Value Schools.
- Included in the 2022 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings.
- Named by Value Colleges in the Top 25 Best Value Online Human Resources Master's Programs for 2021.
These statistics are great, but they don’t tell the whole story.
See what our graduates say about how RMU put them on the fast track to career success.
“The internship requirement is huge. It gives you such great exposure and experience. It really helps get your foot in the door.”
“The companies that recruited from Robert Morris were the companies I wanted to work for.”
“I want to make a difference.”
"The social skills I learned working at the career center, I was able to use to get my internship — and it led to a full-time position."