Reputation and Outcomes
A nationally ranked, doctoral-granting university, RMU has the professionally focused degree programs and personal attention that are the gateway to great careers and great lives.
Gallup studies show RMU students are more likely than typical college graduates to say college prepared them for life after graduation, are more likely to have a job offer waiting when they graduate, earn more, and are more engaged in their careers and thriving in their personal well-being. And with RMU’s Student Engagement Transcript, graduates have a record to show future employers of their leadership and other experiences outside the classroom.
92% placement in a job or graduate school within a year of graduation
67% of graduates had an internship in their field
77% of graduates work in a professional or managerial position
84% of graduates are employed in their field
- Ranked in 2021 U.S. News & World Report "Best Colleges" at No. 196 out of 389 national doctoral-granting universities.
- One of only 17 universities in the country named a Center of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries.
- The first university in Pennsylvania to join the Amazon Web Service Academy and offer cloud computing certification curriculum.
- Military-friendly, with scholarships and grants to close the gap between federal Yellow Ribbon Program benefits and tuition, and ranked 10th among all private universities in Military Times's "Best for Vets: Colleges 2019".
- Ranked #7 by Learn.org in the Best Online Cyber Security Bachelor's Degree Programs.
- Ranked #11 by Value Colleges in the Best Online Master's in Organizational Leadership.
- Ranked among the "Best in the Northeast" in the Princeton Review 2021 Best Colleges: Region by Region.
These statistics are great, but they don’t tell the whole story.
See what our graduates say about how RMU put them on the fast track to career success.
“I just felt like I was not done in my academic journey and wanted to prove to myself that I could successfully achieve such a difficult goal."
“The teaching certification program aligns so well with the master’s program that I only had to take a few additional classes to obtain my master’s degree. It seemed almost foolish not to do it.”
“I really have to be on my ‘A game’ as far as knowing the diseases and medications, and I feel Robert Morris prepared me well for it.”
"Robert Morris gives you a lot of opportunities to practice being in a classroom and managing relationships before you even start student teaching."