Reputation and Outcomes
A nationally ranked, doctoral-granting university, RMU has the professionally focused degree programs and personal attention that are the gateway to great careers and great lives.
Gallup studies show RMU students are more likely than typical college graduates to say college prepared them for life after graduation, are more likely to have a job offer waiting when they graduate, earn more, and are more engaged in their careers and thriving in their personal well-being. And with RMU’s Student Engagement Transcript, graduates have a record to show future employers of their leadership and other experiences outside the classroom.
92% placement in a job or graduate school within a year of graduation
90% of graduates completed an internship
77% of graduates work in a professional or managerial position
84% of graduates are employed in their field
- Ranked in 2021 U.S. News & World Report "Best Colleges" at No. 196 out of 389 national doctoral-granting universities.
- One of only 17 universities in the country named a Center of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries.
- The first university in Pennsylvania to join the Amazon Web Service Academy and offer cloud computing certification curriculum.
- Military-friendly, with scholarships and grants to close the gap between federal Yellow Ribbon Program benefits and tuition, with a Gold ranking in 2021 Military Friendly® Schools.
- Ranked #7 by Learn.org in the Best Online Cyber Security Bachelor's Degree Programs and and #18 in Best Online Bachelor's in Law Enforcement.
- Ranked in the top third of Doctor of Nursing Practice programs nationwide for 2022 by U.S. News & World Report, rising 12 places to #105.
- Ranked among the "Best in the Northeast" in the Princeton Review 2021 Best Colleges: Region by Region.
- Ranked in the top half of the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education 2021 World University Rankings.
- Named by Value Colleges in the Top 25 Best Value Online Human Resources Master's Programs for 2021.
- Pittsburgh is ranked 5th in the Best Large Cities for College in 2021 by WalletHub, and Moon Township is ranked by SafeWise in its "50 Safest College Towns" for 2020.
These statistics are great, but they don’t tell the whole story.
See what our graduates say about how RMU put them on the fast track to career success.
“The professors and advisors on my doctoral research project are committed to supporting me. They really encourage me to stretch myself.”
"Everything I was able to learn at Robert Morris got me more excited about engineering."
“The teaching certification program aligns so well with the master’s program that I only had to take a few additional classes to obtain my master’s degree. It seemed almost foolish not to do it.”
“I just felt like I was not done in my academic journey and wanted to prove to myself that I could successfully achieve such a difficult goal."