Reputation and Outcomes
A nationally ranked, doctoral-granting university, RMU has the professionally focused degree programs and personal attention that are the gateway to great careers and great lives.
Gallup studies show RMU students are more likely than typical college graduates to say college prepared them for life after graduation, are more likely to have a job offer waiting when they graduate, earn more, and are more engaged in their careers and thriving in their personal well-being. And with RMU’s Student Engagement Transcript, graduates have a record to show future employers of their leadership and other experiences outside the classroom.
95% of the Class of 2020 who are employed have jobs in their field of choice.
86% of graduates completed internships or other work-related experiences
77% of graduates work in a professional or managerial position
- U.S. News & World Report ranks RMU in its top 50 "Best Value Schools" among national doctoral universities. RMU also moved up 9 places in the top half of the 2022 national university rankings at No. 187.
- One of only 17 universities in the country named a Center of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries.
One of Fortune magazine's Best Part-Time M.B.A. Programs in 2022.
- The first university in Pennsylvania to join the Amazon Web Service Academy and offer cloud computing certification curriculum.
- Military-friendly, with scholarships and grants to close the gap between federal Yellow Ribbon Program benefits and tuition, with a Gold ranking in 2021 Military Friendly® Schools.
- One of the Top Universities for Professional Sales Education 2021 named by the Sales Education Foundation.
- Ranked in the top third of Doctor of Nursing Practice programs nationwide for 2022 by U.S. News & World Report, rising 12 places to #105.
- Named in Princeton Review 2022 "Best Regional Colleges" in the Northeastern region.
- Ranked #18 in Best 25 Software Developer Degree Programs 2021 by Best Value Schools.
- Included in the 2022 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings.
- Named by Value Colleges in the Top 25 Best Value Online Human Resources Master's Programs for 2021.
- Ranked #17 in the Safest College Towns in America 2021 by SafeWise.
These statistics are great, but they don’t tell the whole story.
See what our graduates say about how RMU put them on the fast track to career success.
"Studying abroad has given me the opportunity to see the world in so many different perspectives and has allowed me to become more independent."
“I just felt like I was not done in my academic journey and wanted to prove to myself that I could successfully achieve such a difficult goal."
“The skills I learned at RMU helped me to realize that, because I know how to communicate effectively, the sky is the limit for me.”
“A faculty mentor took me under his wing and brought me to a local gathering of professionals. It really helped confirm what I wanted to do with my career.”