Reputation and Outcomes
A nationally ranked, doctoral-granting university, RMU has the professionally focused degree programs and personal attention that are the gateway to great careers and great lives.
Gallup studies show RMU students are more likely than typical college graduates to say college prepared them for life after graduation, are more likely to have a job offer waiting when they graduate, earn more, and are more engaged in their careers and thriving in their personal well-being. And with RMU’s Student Engagement Transcript, graduates have a record to show future employers of their leadership and other experiences outside the classroom.
95% of the Class of 2020 who are employed have jobs in their field of choice.
86% of graduates completed internships or other work-related experiences
77% of graduates work in a professional or managerial position
- U.S. News & World Report ranks RMU in the top half of all national universities in its 2022-23 Best Colleges rankings. RMU is also in the top half of Best Value Schools among national universities.
- One of only 19 universities in the country named a Center of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries.
Ranked #15 out of 108 U.S. universities in Fortune’s Best Online MBA Programs in 2022.
Ranked 8th out of 20 U.S. universities listed as Fortune’s Best Online Master's Programs in Cybersecurity for 2022.
- The first university in Pennsylvania to join the Amazon Web Service Academy and offer cloud computing certification curriculum.
- Military-friendly, with scholarships and grants to close the gap between federal Yellow Ribbon Program benefits and tuition, with a Top 10 Gold ranking in 2023 Military Friendly® Schools.
- One of the Top Universities for Professional Sales Education 2022 named by the Sales Education Foundation.
- Named to The Princeton Review 2022 Best Online Nursing School Master's Programs.
- Ranked #18 in Best 25 Software Developer Degree Programs 2021 by Best Value Schools.
- One of tech news website ZDNet's Top 5 Online Schools for Master's in Network Security in 2022.
- Named by Value Colleges in the Top 25 Best Value Online Human Resources Master's Programs for 2021.
- Ranked #17 in the Safest College Towns in America 2021 by SafeWise.
These statistics are great, but they don’t tell the whole story.
See what our graduates say about how RMU put them on the fast track to career success.
"Robert Morris gives you a lot of opportunities to practice being in a classroom and managing relationships before you even start student teaching."
"I knew I had to choose a university with strong ties in the community in order to make it in this competitive industry. I took full advantage of what RMU offered and have never looked back."
“Knowing that I have the opportunity now financially to give back and make a difference for a student means the world to me, because I was in that position once too as a student.”
"Without Robert Morris, I would never have had the opportunity to travel to Oman and Morocco to improve upon my Arabic speaking skills."