Residence Life: Parents & Guardians
We are so glad that your student has decided to become a part of the Living-Learning Community at Robert Morris University! The Office of Residence Life at RMU knows that parents and guardians play an extremely large role in the college experience for their students. The Office of Residence Life wants to make sure that communication and connection between our office and our parents and guardians are always present.
This webpage will be one resource that will provide important information that we feel our parents and guardians would like to be aware of. For the beginning of the school year we have provided information regarding the move-in process (the What to Bring List, residence hall room photos and measurements, and the Linens Program), residence hall news, upcoming residence hall events, the RMU Care Package Program and so much more! We will continue to update this page to make sure that you are up to date with all the information you and your student needs.
For the 2022-2023 school year, the Office of Residence Life will host interactive events where RMU students will stay connected, interact with peers, and with other members of the campus community. Students will participate with in-person events throughout the semester.
Events List Coming Soon!
The Care Package Program
The Office of Residence Life created the Care Package Program to assist parents/guardians to stay connected with their students while away at school! The proceeds for the Care Package Program go towards funding events and programs for on-campus students. Every care package is filled with various items such as goodies, RMU pride items, snacks, and so much more!
DETAILS FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR CARE PACKAGE PROGRAM WILL BE AVAILABLE IN JULY 2022.
What to Know
What you need to know about the move-in process:
- Move-In Guide - The Move-In Guide is full of information needed for a smooth check in process. It includes a checklist of what students need to complete before moving onto campus. This document also contains links with important forms that students need to complete before moving on campus.
- What to Bring - The What to Bring List is a list of items suggested items that your students may need when they stay on campus. Discuss with your student to determine what items would best suit their needs while living on campus. Included in this document is a list of items that should not be brought to campus.
- Residence Hall Flickr - Check out our flickr page for some great pictures of the residence halls and past student rooms.
- Traditional Room Measurements - This page contains the room measurements for Ross, Hamilton, Adams, Gallatin, Madison, Monroe, Hancock and Marshall.
- Apartments Room Measurements - The Apartment room measurement page includes measurements for Concord, Lexington and Salem apartments.
- Yorktown Room Measurements - This page lists all the room measurements for Yorktown’s rooms.