Transfer Students

If you are receiving financial aid from your current school, there are a few things that need to be done in order to ensure a smooth transition to Robert Morris University.

What do you need to do at your current school?

  • Meet with your current Financial Aid Counselor.
  • Inform the appropriate sources(s) of your transfer if you have scholarship or other gift aid that will continue at RMU.
  • If you are currently receiving a PHEAA Grant:
    • Call the PHEAA Grant Division at 1-800-692-7392
    • Notify the agency you are transferring to Robert Morris University (RMU).

What do you need to do at RMU?

  • Request that a copy of your FAFSA be sent to the Financial Aid Office at RMU. You must add Robert Morris University to your list of schools in order for our Financial Aid Office to receive your FAFSA results. This can be done in several ways.
    • If you did not receive financial aid at your current school and are just starting the FAFSA process now, be sure to type the RMU Title IV school code (003359) in step 6 of the FAFSA.
    • If you already filed a FAFSA listing your current school, but did not list RMU, go to (you will need your FSA User ID).
      • Look under the FAFSA follow up column.
        • Click "Make Corrections to processed FAFSA"
        • Update step 6 by adding RMU, code 003359
    • If you are not sure that you filed a FAFSA for the current year, call the Federal Aid Hotline at 1-800-433-3243 and ask if you have a FAFSA on file.
  • Contact the Financial Aid Office at RMU to confirm that your FAFSA results were received.
  • Once the FAFSA results are received, you will receive a Financial Aid Award letter stating what type of aid package you will be receiving. Review the letter and contact the counselor listed on it for any clarification you might need.
  • Complete all necessary documents to secure your loan(s) and have them credited to your account.

Continuous Enrollment

How do I maintain continuous enrollment?

If you have a Federal loan, it is important that you notify your lender or loan servicer of your plan to transfer. You need to do this before your loan automatically enters grace or repayment status. Federal regulations require repayment of Federal loans within a specified period of time after borrowers graduate or drop below half-time status. If you are currently attending a two-year school, your graduation date will automatically trigger the start of a six-month (one time) grace period, after which you will be required to begin repayment.