Parking Ticket Appeal Procedure
The Parking Ticket Appeal Form is located at Barry Center for pick up. To request a digital copy please email email@example.com
An Appeals Procedure and Board have been developed and established to provide a parking program with a system of checks and balances and to ensure that the regulations are consistently enforced.
The following are procedures/guidelines necessary to file an appeal:
- University tickets only may be appealed through the Parking Department.
- All Commonwealth of Pennsylvania citations must be appealed through a District Magistrate.
- Fine must be paid in advance with Parking Ticket Appeal Form and must be received at the Barry Center within 10 business days of the issued ticket or appeal will not be accepted.
- Failure to appeal the ticket within ten (10) days will result in the appeal not being accepted.
- The ticket fee will be refunded if the appellant wins that appeal.
- The appeal will be reviewed and the appellant will be notified of the decision in writing and the decision is final.
Appeals will not be accepted based on situations that include but are not limited to the following:
- Counterfeit permit violations or obtaining permits through illegal means.
- Lack of knowledge of Robert Morris University parking regulations.
- Inability to locate a legal parking space except under extenuating circumstances.
- Parking in areas not designated by appropriate permit except under extenuating circumstances.
- Blocking entrances, exits, driveways or other vehicles when an emergency is not involved.