Actuarial Science Career Days
- Virtual Event via Handshake: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- On-Campus Event: Friday, September 30, 2022
- Location: UPMC Events Center @ Robert Morris University
Details and Registration
Virtual Career Day Information
- Virtual Student Flyer
- Virtual Student Registration - Registration Details Coming Soon
- Virtual Employer Flyer
In-Person Career Day Information
- In-Person Student Flyer
- In-Person Non-RMU Student Registration - Registration Details Coming Soon
- In-Person Employer Flyer
This event provides an opportunity for students interested in actuarial careers to interact exclusively with actuarial employers, both local and national. RMU is hosting this event for the benefit of its 100 plus RMU actuarial science majors, as well as non-RMU students from around the region.
All registered students are welcome to submit their resumes by e-mail in advance of the Actuarial Career Week. A complete resume packet will be sent to employers a few weeks beforehand so that employers can set up in-person interviews on Friday and virtual interviews after Wednesday.
Please contact Sara Durzo at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Here are some facts and figures from the 2021 Actuarial Career Day:
- 103 students registered for the virtual event, including 70 from RMU and 33 representing other local and national universities.
- 71 students registered for the in-person event, including 61 from RMU and 10 representing other local and national universities.
- 13 actuarial employers participated
- 19 different universities were represented by participating students
- 82 resumes were submitted for distribution to participating employers
The following companies participated in 2021:
- ACTEX Learning
- CVS Health
- Dunbar, Bender & Zapf, Inc
- Erie Insurance
- Highmark Health
- John Hancock
- Math Motivators
- New York Life Insurance Company
- Ohio National Financial Services
- Oliver Wyman Actuarial Consulting
- Penn Mutual
- Principal Financial Group- Corporate Headquarters
- State Farm Insurance Companies
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Willis Towers Watson