Virtual Actuarial Career Week
Co-Sponsored By Cigna
- Monday, September 28 - Friday, October 2, 2020
- Virtual Chat Rooms Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Virtual Interviews Thursday and Friday
- Virtual Information Session
Details and Registration
This event provides an opportunity for students interested in actuarial careers to interact exclusively with actuarial employers, both local and national. RMU is hosting this event for the benefit of its 100 plus RMU actuarial science majors, as well as non-RMU students from around the region. The online registration fee is $20.
All registered students are welcome to submit their resumes by e-mail in advance of the Actuarial Career Week. A complete resume packet will be sent to employers several weeks beforehand so that employers can initiate contact with participants and set up virtual interview schedules for the week of the fair. Instructions for submitting resumes can be found under "Student Instructions."
Here are some facts and figures from the 2019 Actuarial Career Day:
- 149 students registered, including 118 from RMU and 31 representing other local and national universities.
- 16 actuarial employers participated
- 10 different universities were represented by participating students
- 119 resumes were submitted for distribution to participating employers
Please contact Sara Durzo at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The following companies are attending in 2020:
- ACTEX Learning
- BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York
- Centene Corporation
- Dunbar, Bender & Zapf, Inc
- Erie Insurance
- Highmark Health
- Nationwide Insurance
- Ohio National Financial Services
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Principal Financial Group
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- UPMC Health Plan
- Willis Towers Watson