Sigma Tau Delta was formed for literary and educational purposes.
The society strives to confer a distinction for high achievement in English language and in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies. RMU's chapter has been involved with volunteer opportunities on campus and in the community. This is an entirely student-run organization.
Dr. Sylvia Pamboukian is the faculty advisor.
At a Glance
- English honor society for students at accredited colleges and universities that grant baccalaureate or higher degrees
- Established in 1924 to confer distinction for high achievement in English, language, literature, and writing
- Dedicated to fostering literacy and all aspects of the discipline of English
- The second largest membership of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS)
- Over 875 local chapters in the U.S. and abroad
- must complete a minimum of two college courses in English language or literature beyond the usual requirements in freshman English.
- must have a minimum of a B or equivalent average in English and in general scholarship
- must rank at least in the highest thirty-five percent of his/her class, and must have completed at least three semesters or five quarters of college work
- Academic Recognition
- Writing Awards & Opportunities
- Annual Convention
- Career Advancement
- Lifetime Affiliation
Find out more information on the national Sigma Tau Delta website.