The deposit/availability cycle has been updated and deposits will be available to use within 10 minutes.
Colonial Cash is a safe and convenient alternative to carrying cash or credit cards, and is available to all university students, faculty and staff. Colonial Cash can be loaded onto your Freedom Card (student I.D. card) and used for purchases both on campus and at participating off-campus locations in Moon Township.
Benefits of Colonial Cash
- Unlike regular meal plan dollars, Colonial Cash does not expire at end of each semester.
- Users only need their Freedom Card to make purchases at participating off campus stores. No need to carry cash, a debit, or credit card.
- No sales tax when making purchases at campus dining locations.
- Account balance can be reloaded at any time with no additional fees or minimums.
- Students can purchase their textbooks and RMU apparel at the RMU Barnes & Noble Bookstore using Colonial Cash.
- Colonial Cash can also be used to make purchases at the student mail center, campus copiers and vending machines.
Where You Can Use Colonial Cash
Off-Campus (Moon Twp.)
- Giant Eagle
- Get Go
- Fox’s Pizza
- Vocelli Pizza
- Mike & Tony's
As more businesses accept Colonial Cash, we will work to keep you informed.
How to Load Funds
Loading Colonial Cash onto your Freedom Card is simple and seamless. You can add funds online, in person, over the phone, or by mail.
- Online: Click this link, sign in using your Secured Sentry Services credentials, and choose the amount you would like to load onto your Freedom Card.
- In person: Visit the Office of Student Financial Services in the Revere Center – Lower Level with cash, check, credit card or money order
* Note: Colonial Cash will be available as long as you are a student or employee at RMU. Colonial Cash is not refundable. Colonial Cash cannot be used to purchase alcohol, tobacco or giftcards. Report any lost or stolen Freedom Card to the RMU Freedom Card Office, Lower Revere Center or call 412-397-5496.