The University Tutoring Center provides comprehensive tutoring focused on helping students excel in their courses.
Tutoring is free and open to all Robert Morris University students. One-on-one tutoring services are available during the Fall and Spring terms. Our Peer Tutors are students who have excelled academically in the courses that they tutor for and were recommended by their faculty. Peer Tutors are available to have appointments scheduled with them (both virtually and in-person) through Navigate or students can utilize the drop-in peer tutoring hours listed below. RMU students may also access professional tutors online, 24/7, through Brainfuse.
Drop-In Peer Tutoring
- The Tutoring Center is located in Nicholson Center 415 (on the fourth floor just outside of the rotunda).
- Students can access drop-in peer tutoring by visiting the Tutoring Center Monday through Thursday from 9AM to 6PM and on Fridays from 9:00AM - 3:00PM.
- Please refer to the Spring 2024 Schedule for a list of courses that peer tutors are available to tutor this semester as well as the time slots/days tutors are scheduled for each course.
- Students who would prefer to meet with a peer tutor virtually may schedule this through Navigate.
Scheduling a Peer Tutoring Appointment
- Log-in to your student account at rmu.edu/navigate
- In the top right hand corner of the page click the blue “Get Assistance” button
- Select “Tutoring” when ask what type of appointment you would like to schedule
- Select “Tutoring” for the Service as well
- Pick the date you would like to get tutoring (appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance)
- Select Appointment type (Either in-person or virtual)
- Location (Center for Student Success)
- Course (whatever course you need tutoring for)
- If the course you need tutoring for does not show up in this drop down box it means we do not have any tutors for this course available.
- If no Tutors are available you can try Brainfuse instead (see below)
- Select the day and time you would like to meet with the appropriate tutor
- Review appointment details
- Select how you would like to meet
- In the comments box, let the tutor know what you would like to discuss during the Tutoring appointment
- Hit Schedule!
- You should receive email confirmation once the appointment has been officially scheduled!
Online Tutoring - Brainfuse
- Log into Blackboard to access professional tutors online
- Visit the “Virtual Tutoring 2023-24” course shell
- Click on “Brainfuse Tutoring” in the left navigation bar
- Click on “Live Help”
- Use the drop-down arrows to Select Topic and Select Subject of interest
Questions about Tutoring?
If you have questions or would like more information about tutoring services, please email email@example.com.
RMU Writing Center
During the fall and spring semesters, assistance with writing and reviewing essays and other papers is available in the RMU Writing Center. Click here to visit the Writing Center website.