New Student Enrollment Checklist
Welcome future RMU Colonial!
In order to make your transition to Robert Morris University as simple as possible, we've created this handy online checklist for you to use as you go through the Student Enrollment Process. The following list is a step-by-step process for everything you need to do prior to your arrival here in August. Please pay special attention to the deadlines associated with each step. It is extremely important that you complete all of these steps!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call your admissions counselor at 800-762-0097. We are here to help.
- Step 1: File your FAFSA online (Recommended)
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, determines your eligibility for grants, need-based scholarships, loans, and work-study programs. The FAFSA becomes available each year on October 1 (opened in December 2023 for the 2024-25 school year) and the Pennsylvania state deadline to complete the FAFSA is May 1. Even if you don’t believe you will qualify for any aid, it is usually still worth submitting your FAFSA for various reasons. When filing your FAFSA, use the RMU school code (003359) to have your information sent directly to the Office of Financial Aid at RMU.
- Step 1: Set up your Sentry Secured Account (Required)
Click on “Activate Account” in the Sentry Secured Services box on the right side of the screen. You can access the information you need to activate your account (if you don’t already have it) via your admissions portal. You’ll need to complete this step before moving on to anything else on the RMU website.
- Step 2: Submit your $500 enrollment deposit (Required)
You must have your RMU account log-in information to access the deposit payment screens. The deposit deadline has been extended to June 1, 2024.
- Step 3: Complete your housing contract or residency waiver (Required)
Residents: Complete your online housing contract
Commuters: Complete your residency waiver
- Step 4: Sign up for a Day One Program (Recommended)
In order to prepare for the upcoming academic year, you are encouraged to attend one of our Day One programs, which feature a variety of amazing opportunities for both student and parent(s). These events will help you get ready for your time as a Colonial and during the event you will get your fall course schedule, your student ID photo taken, and take part in interactive sessions with our campus experts.
Dates will be announced soon. Keep an eye out for more information.
- Step 1: Mark your calendars for New Student Orientation: August 22-25 (Recommended)
New Student Orientation will be held August 22-25, 2024.
Look out for more information in early 2024!
- Step 2: Upload your photo for your RMU student ID (Required)
Your RMU ID Card is the tool that every student, faculty and staff member needs on their first day. Submit your photo to us in advance and allow us to prepare your RMU ID Card for you! Online photo submission is quick and easy.
Access your online photo submission here: rmu.edu/onlinephoto
- Step 3: Complete your university release form (Recommended)
The release form is an important step in authorizing (parents or another guest) to receive your semester invoices and access to financial information.
- Step 4: Visit the Financial Aid To-Do list (Required)
It is important that you understand your financial aid award package and your next steps prior to invoicing which begins toward the middle of summer.
- Step 5: Make an appointment with your physician and have your medical forms completed (Required IF living on campus)
Your health/physical forms are due no later than August 1, 2024.
- Step 6: Submit health insurance information AFTER you are registered for courses (Required)
How do I complete this requirement?
Each year, you will be able to log on to the QM Services website and make your choice. You have two options to satisfy this requirement. Please note that calls to university offices, verbal statements, and written correspondence to the university do not constitute waivers of coverage.
Deadline: August 1, 2024
(Note the QM Services site is accessible from a desktop or laptop computer – not a smartphone or tablet)
- Enroll in the SHIP. The charge for the coverage will remain on your RMU student account and your enrollment with the carrier will be processed. The annual plan year is from August 1, 2024 through July 31, 2025.
- Waive the SHIP with your own insurance that meets the university’s requirements. Provide your insurance information to QM Services, and once reviewed and approved, the annual charge for the student health insurance will be removed from your RMU student account.
Contact QM Services with any questions pertaining to the 2024 – 2025 Student Health Insurance Program
- Call 1-800-273-1715 ext. 2 to speak with a Student Care Representative
- Step 7: Learn about RMU Book Bundle
Learn more about the RMU Book Bundle program and look out for more information on your participation!
All eligible students will be automatically enrolled in the RMU Book Bundle once registered for courses, so no action is required on your part to sign up. Students have the option to opt-out of this program each semester. Opting out means you will need to purchase your textbooks and other course materials a la carte. You can opt out of the program beginning at registration through add/drop of that semester.
Don't forget to follow us on Instagram!