RMU institutional scholarships and grants are funds given to students who show promise of high achievement in academics, athletics or other areas. Starting with the 2017-2018 academic year, the following academic based RMU scholarships are awarded through the Admissions Office based on academic achievements at the point of admission to the university. To calculate an estimate of your total net cost, please click here.
Undergraduate freshmen applicants
- Presidential Scholarship
The top applications are invited to compete for four year, full tuition scholarships.
- Liberty Scholarship - $14,000
- Independence Scholarship - $12,000
- Justice Scholarship - $8,000/$10,000
- Founders Scholarship - $6,000
Undergraduate transfer applicants
- Constitution Scholarship - $9,000
This is based on a transfer college GPA of 3.5 to 4.0.
- Declaration Scholarship - $7,000
This is based on a transfer college GPA of 3.0 to 3.49.
- Revolutionary Scholarship - $5,000
This is based on a transfer college GPA of 2.5 to 2.99.
- Pioneer Scholarship - $2,000
This is based on a transfer college GPA less than 2.5.
Students are notified of their eligibility for institutional scholarships and grants at the point of admission. For students accepted before February 1, a new SAT score may not be submitted after February 1. Students may receive the above listed institutional scholarships (with the exception of the Presidential Scholarship) for a maximum of four years if they maintain at least a 2.0 GPA. The Presidential Scholarship is for a maximum of four years if they maintain at least a 3.25 GPA.
In addition to institutional scholarships and grants, RMU is pleased to provide an online directory of external scholarship and fellowship opportunities. This service is intended to assist students who are seeking additional financial aid from sources outside the University. The Directory of Scholarship Opportunities includes regional, national, and international opportunities, and is not meant to be a complete or an exhaustive list of all opportunities available. Robert Morris University does not endorse any of these scholarships and by clicking on the links, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the individual website and the scholarship offered.
If you are an organization that would like to be added to this list, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the scholarship. Please note that sending the information to us does not guarantee it will be placed on this list but we will review each request received.
- 2018 Community Volunteer Scholarship
- AALL In Limo & Party Bus Scholarship
- Activia Training US Scholarship
- Adobo - I Heart My School Scholarship
- AES Engineers Scholarship
- Alert1 Student for Seniors Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute
- AmericanMuscle Automotive Scholarship
- Ampro Scholarship
- Beldon Scholarship
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship for Study Abroad
- B. Davis Scholarship
- BRIC Go Global Scholarship
- BrightStar Systems Future Technologies Scholarship
- Bud Lutty Charitable Scholarship Trust
- BuildASign Scholarship
- Caring.com - Student Caregiver
- CDPAP Department of Edison HHC Educational Scholarship
- Chairish Scholarship Program
- Citrix RightSignature Stories Scholarship
- Citrix ShareFile Innovation Scholarship
- Console & Hollawell $1,000 Legal Leaders Scholarship
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship
- Custody X Change Scholarship
- DevelopIntelligence Scholarship
- DietSpotlight Scholarship
- DocuTAP Scholarship Program
- DontPayFull Scholarship
- Drones Inspector Annual Scholarship
- Empowered Future Teachers Scholarship
- Eraser Clinic Laser Tattoo Removal Scholarship
- Ernst Braun Legacy Scholarship
- Factor Finders Scholarship
- FamilyAssets 2019 Scholarship
- Families of Freedom Scholarship Fun
- Fieldboom Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholar Program
- GoStartABlog - Young Writers Scholarship
- HomeLight Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Scholarships
- InvestmentZen Financial Future Scholarship
- Izenda Embedded BI & Analytics Scholarship
- J.G. Wentworth Scholarship
- Jewish Scholarship Service of Greater Pittsburgh
- Maptive Scholarship
- Marshall Scholarship
- Mason Finance Life Settlement Awareness Scholarship
- National Garden Club, Inc -- Scholarship Program
- Northwestern Pennsylvania Area Labor Federation
- O.Berk Company Academic Scholarship
- OppU Achievers Scholarship
- Pennsylvania Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- PerzonSEO Internet Marketing Scholarship
- Pinot's Palette Scholarship for Artistic Excellence
- The Pittsburgh Foundation Scholarship search
- Pro Skills Basketball Scholarship
- Protoly Scholarship
- Providian Medical Scholarship
- Rentipads Education Scholarship
- Responsify Empowering Others Scholarship
- Ronald D. Weiss Scholarship
- Scholarships for cancer patients/survivors/family members
- SecureCare65 Scholarship
- SeniorAdvice.com Scholarships
- SeniorGuidance Scholarship
- Sixt Car Rental Scholarship
- Solar Action Alliance
- TableLegsOnline.com Future Entrepreneurs of America Scholarship
- The Recovery Village Healthcare Scholarship
- Trove Scholarship
- Turner Pest Control Scholarship
- ValueGamer's Scholarship
- WebstaurantStore Scholarship
- Webucator Scholarship
- ZipRecruiter Scholarship
- Boren Fellowship
- Bridging the Dream Scholarship
- Chuck Cooper Scholarships
- James Madison Fellowship
- National Physical Science Consortium Fellowships
- WTS Molitoris Leadership Scholarship for Graduates
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund College Scholarship Program
- LatamReady Business Technology Scholarship
- Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Anthony Castelli Attorney's Veteran's College Scholarship
- Army Emergency Relief Scholarship
- Chicago Injury Center’s Annual Scholarship Fund For Disabled Veterans
- Military Dependent Scholarship
- National Resource Directory
- Tillman Scholars
- U.S. Veterans Magazine list of military scholarships
- VA Mortgage Center
- Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program
- AICPA Fellowship for Minority Doctoral Students
- AICPA Scholarship for Minority Accounting Students
- Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship
- Army ROTC Scholarships
- Decaso Future Quest Scholarship
- Pittsburgh Area African Professional Organization Scholarship
- Scholarships and Financial Aid for Minorities
- Thomas R. Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellowship
- F.A. Davis Nursing Scholarships
- HealthGrad.com Leadership Scholarship
- Michele A. Campbell Scholarship
- Senior Care Innovation Scholarship
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- ASCO Engineering Scholarship
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- BluePay STEM Scholarship
- Capital Auto Auction Scholarship
- Department of Homeland Security Scholarship and Fellowship
- GoMK Computer Science Scholarship
- Marc Obniski Memorial Scholarship Fund
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- Nordson BUILDS Scholarship
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship
- Pennsylvania New Economy Technology - SciTech Scholarships
- RapidSeedbox Scholarship
- RevPart Scholarship
- Sally Hass Aviation/STEM Scholarship
- SimpliSafe Scholarship
- Trackly Scholarship
Students with Disabilities
- Abbot & Fenner Business Consultants
- AICPA Foundation Two-Year Transfer Scholarship
- Allied Van Lines Scholarship
- Boren Scholarship
- Crystal Group Innovation Scholarship
- Degree Directory Academic Scholarships
- Double D Trailers Scholarship
- Feldco Windows, Siding and Doors Scholarship
- GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program
- Kids' Chance of Pennsylvania Scholarship
- North American Van Lines Logistics Scholarship
- PACAC Scholarship
- WTS Molitoris Leadership Scholarship for Undergraduates
Below is a list of need-based aid that is available to students at Robert Morris University. These need-based forms of aid are considered grants and do not have to be repaid. Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions.
The Pell Grant Program provides need based grants to low-income students. Grant amounts are dependent on: the student's expected family contribution (EFC); the cost of attendance (as determined by the institution); the student's enrollment status (full-time or part-time); and whether the student attends for a full academic year or less.
Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
The Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant is a program for undergraduates with exceptional financial need. Please contact the Financial Aid office for further information.
PHEAA (Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency)
PHEAA is a state grant program which offers financial assistance to eligible Pennsylvania undergraduate students meet the costs of higher education. The FAFSA serves as the program's application. For program qualifications, please click here.
Please note the following, in addition to the program qualifications in the above link:
- Students enrolled in fully online programs or who are taking greater than 50% online instruction are PHEAA eligible beginning with the 2018-19 Academic Year. However, due to limited resources, your eligibility will be reduced when compared to awards calculated for attendance less than or equal to 50% distance education. For Online Classes/Distance Education FAQs, please click here.
- For students taking eight week courses, you must be enrolled in both eight week sessions to be eligible.
RMU institutional scholarships are funds given to students who show promise of high achievement in academics. The following academic based RMU scholarships are awarded through the Admissions Office at the point of acceptance to the university. These scholarships are based solely on GPA which is converted into a 4.0 scale by international admissions counselors after official transcripts are received.
Undergraduate Freshmen Applicants
- Liberty Scholarship: The Liberty Scholarship is a $14,000 award based on 3.5-4.0 GPA
- Independence Scholarship: The Independence Scholarship is a $12,000 award based on GPA of 3.0-3.49.
- Justice Scholarship: The Justice Scholarship is a $8,000 award based on a GPA of 2.5-2.99.
- Founders Scholarship: The Founders Scholarship is a $6,000 award based on a GPA of 2.0-2.49.
Undergraduate Transfer Applicants
- Constitution Scholarship: The Constitution Scholarship is a $9,000 award based on a transfer college GPA of 3.5 to 4.0.
- Declaration Scholarship: The Declaration Scholarship is a $7,000 award based on a transfer college GPA of 3.0 to 3.49.
- Revolutionary Scholarship: The Revolutionary Scholarship is a $5,000 award based on a transfer college GPA of 2.5 to 2.99.
- Pioneer Scholarship: The Pioneer Scholarship is a $2,000 award based on a transfer college GPA less than 2.5.
*Students may receive the above listed institutional scholarships for a maximum of four years if they maintain at least a 2.0 GPA.