- The Covestro Center for Community Engagement released its fall newsletter, Building Bridges. Read it today to find out more information about board member training, its current programs, and how you can get involved.
- As a reminder, the Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management has published its new professional development catalog, and as always, classes and webinars are free to RMU employees with the exception of hands-on tech classes and individual clinics. Register online at rmu.edu/bcnmregistration and simply indicate in the comments section that you are an RMU employee to register for free classes.
- Peggy Outon, assistant vice president of Community Engagement and Leadership Development, and Kenya Boswell, RMU alumna and president of BNY Mellon Foundation of Southwestern Pennsylvania, were named Women of Influence 2020 by the Pittsburgh Business Times. The theme for this years Women of Influence is "Building a Strong Foundation," and highlights 26 women across the Pittsburgh region who show leadership and determination in their respective fields. The awards ceremony, which was meant to be held in March, was postponed and the PBT is now honoring them through their personal profiles, which can be viewed here.
- RMU will host its 18th actuarial science career fair over the week of September 28 to October 2 in a fully virtual format. Cigna has agreed to again sponsor the fair for the second year. Fifteen firms have registered with several additional firms expected to be added over the next few weeks. The career week will consist of virtual information sessions, chat rooms, and virtual interviews. Student turnout has been equally strong as in prior years with a total of 131 students registered. All alumni and students are invited to participate and questions can be referred to the fair’s organizer, Sara Durzo at email@example.com.
- Wellness Week takes place October 12-16 and is full of great ways to stay active and healthy. All sessions will be held virtually, and each one is 30 minutes. Links to register for each event will be emailed out closer to the date of the sessions.
Monday, October 12
10:00 a.m. Making Informed Food Choices
2:00 p.m. Breast Health Tips / Cancer Awareness
Tuesday, October 13
10:00 a.m. Chronic Conditions
12:00 p.m. HealthJoy Webinar
2:00 p.m. Changing for Good
Wednesday, October 14
10:00 a.m. Love Your Lunch
12:00 p.m. Behavioral Health
2:00 p.m. Stress and Overeating
Thursday, October 15
10:00 a.m. Healthy Eating on a Budget
12:00 p.m. CM101 (Consumer Medical) *Available to FT Staff Enrolled in UPMC Medical
2:00 p.m. Healthy Aging
Friday, October 16
10:00 a.m. Warming Up for Winter
12:00 p.m. Keeping Kids Healthy During COVID
2:00 p.m. Perfect FITT
If you do not currently receive the The Minuteman weekly email, please click here to subscribe! During the summer, the Minuteman is published every other week.
ABOUT THE MINUTEMAN
The Minuteman is published weekly by the RMU Department of Public Relations and Marketing for faculty, staff and friends of Robert Morris University. To submit news for publication in The Minuteman, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that information submitted after 5 p.m. Wednesday will be published in that week's Minuteman.