- Tuesday Nov. 12 the School of Engineering, Mathematics and Science will break ground on the new space at the John Jay Center at 3:30 p.m. All are invited to attend this historic event. Then, the RMU men's basketball team will play the Pitt Panthers in the inaugural basketball game in the UPMC Events Center. Tip-off is at 6 p.m. and tickets can be purchased here. If you did not get tickets to the game, the university is hosting an outdoor viewing screen on the Nicholson Lawn for fans to watch the game. Join us for free food and drinks as we cheer on the Colonials.
- On October 30-31 the RMU Admissions Office, School of Business, Department of Sport Management and the RMU eSports program hosted the 2019 NFL Alumni Pro Day Experience at the UPMC Events Center for more than 600 western Pennsylvania high school students. The NFL Alumni Association developed this educational program featuring former NFL Players, coaches, technology experts, STEM educators, military leaders and successful professionals. Students learned about combining the lessons of sports with the latest science and technology in today's digital age. Robert Morris University is one of ten colleges and universities selected nationally to host this event.
- The RMU Department of Education has received a PA Department of Education Office of Child Development and Early Learning grant valued at $124,883. The project, proposed by Vicki Donne, Susan Parker, Fan-Yu Lin, Shelly Haser, and Mary Hansen is titled, "Strategic Approaches to Using Higher Education to Build High Quality Practices in Child” and will provide child care workers with an RMU Child Care Special Education Certification (CCSE) that is stackable. In this project RMU is partnering with the Child Care Lounge.
- On Wednesday, November 13, all are invited to attend the Rooney Lecture: Seeing Cultures as Information Systems by Rooney Visiting Scholar and RMU Trustee Ambassador Robin Sanders, who also earned her D.Sc. from RMU. The event will take place at 2 p.m. in Wheatley Center Room 110 with a reception to follow in the atrium.
- The Center for Veterans & Military Families is hosting a panel discussion, "Helping Veterans Establish a Path to Development, Advancement, and Promotion in the Civilian Workplace" on November 18 from 8 - 10 a.m. in Yorktown Hall. RSVP here by November 8.
- The Office of Residence Life will host the Almost Midnight Breakfast on Tuesday, December 10 and is looking for 20 volunteers. If your department has any leftover giveaways please feel free to bring them and we'll put them out as a bonus for the students. Please contact Jan Leopold at 412-397-5236 or email@example.com in the Office of Residence Life if you would like to participate.
- Friday, Nov. 8
- Volleyball vs. Central Connecticut - 7 p.m. at the UPMC Events Center
- Saturday, Nov. 9
- Football vs. Duquesne - 1 p.m. at Joe Walton Stadium
- Volleyball vs. St. Francis Brooklyn - 5 p.m. at the UPMC Events Center
- Men's Ice Hockey vs. Canisius - 7:05 at the Island Sports Center
If you do not currently receive the The Minuteman weekly email, please click here to subscribe! During the summer, the Minuteman is published every other week.
ABOUT THE MINUTEMAN
The Minuteman is published weekly by the RMU Department of Public Relations and Marketing for faculty, staff and friends of Robert Morris University. To submit news for publication in The Minuteman, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that information submitted after 5 p.m. Wednesday will be published in that week's Minuteman.