- RMU Sentry Media won a best-of-show award at this year’s College Media Association conference in New York City! The 2019 David L. Adams Apple Award for best multimedia package was awarded to “The International Pipeline: The Story of RMU Women’s Basketball.”
- Sushma Mishra, associate professor of computer science, was a panelist at the recent SheLeadsTech CPE Event. Mishra's panel discussion focused on opportunities for women in IT leadership.
- You're invited to the opening reception of the 14th Annual Gold Show Invitational! RMU's Department of Media Arts presents the outstanding student work as selected by the Media Arts Faculty. This exhibit highlights projects from Foundations, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Digital Cinema and Television and Photography. It will be on display in the Media Arts Gallery in Wheatley Center.
Opening reception: Tuesday, March 19, noon to 2 pm
Exhibition dates: March 19 - April 5
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Thursday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Or by appointment
RMU Greek Life is hosting ESPN SportsCenter host Jay Harris on Tuesday, March 19 at 7:30 in the Westinghouse Room of Yorktown Hall. Jay will be sharing how he believes joining Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity at Old Dominion University changed the trajectory of his life and his career. The program is open to the campus community.
- All are invited to attend the Fourth Annual Women & Transformational Leadership Symposium presented by the Women's Leadership & Mentorship Program. The 2019 Symposium is a two-day conference focused on the advancement of women and systemic change to eliminate gender bias and inequity. The event highlights visionary leaders addressing innovation, change, and equity through interactive workshops and panel discussions. The Symposium will take place at the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel on Thursday, March 28th and Friday, March 29. Click here for information and registration.
- On April 6 the RMU Counseling Center is hosting their 3rd Out of the Darkness Walk in partnership with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP). The Out of the Darkness Walk raises awareness of a very important cause and provides educational materials for those who may need help or want to learn more. It is free to create a team and participate in the walk! There will be various activities offered throughout the event. For more information and to register yourself or a team, go to afsp.org/rmu.
- The RMU Health Services Administration Program is hosting a networking and education event from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday, April 1 in the Yorktown Hall Westinghouse Room. "Healthcare Emergency Preparedness: Requirements, Best Practices, and Lessons Learned" will feature an expert panel including keynote speaker Mark Ross, vice president for emergency preparedness at the Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania. RSVP here.
- RMU is hosting the first Cyber-Tech Women's Symposium on April 12 at Yorktown Hall. Panelists and speakers include Summer Craze Fowler, chief security officer at Argo AI, and Amber Schroader, founder and CEO of the Paraben Corporation. Learn more and register here.
Sunday, March 17
- Women's Basketball vs St. Francis University - 2 p.m. at the Student Rec Center - NEC Championship!
If you do not currently receive the The Minuteman weekly email, please click here to subscribe! During the summer, the Minuteman is published every other week.
ABOUT THE MINUTEMAN
The Minuteman is published weekly by the RMU Department of Public Relations and Marketing for faculty, staff and friends of Robert Morris University. To submit news for publication in The Minuteman, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that information submitted after 5 p.m. Wednesday will be published in that week's Minuteman.