Shining New Light on the Value of Simulation
- Click here to access the RISE Center portfolio, calendar, and courses.
RMU School of Nursing and Health Sciences uses life-like computerized mannequins and trained actors (standardized patients) in many of our undergraduate and graduate courses The RISE Center is one of only a select few free standing nursing programs in the world accredited by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare. The RISE faculty and instructors adhere to the Standards of Best Practice: Simulation SM . All faculty and instructors are specially trained or certified in simulation.
The RISE Center was developed in 2009 and moved into a brand new 7000+ square foot space in the new Scaife Hall in January 2016. The RISE Center is a major regional educational resource and a center of excellence for simulation training and research. All RISE senior faculty have their PhDs and are recognized for their simulation research and are instructors in the RMU Leadership in Simulation Certificate program. RISE clinical instructors are all CHSE certified or working toward this certification.
The RISE Center facilitates simulation education in the School of Nursing and Health Sciences undergraduate and graduate programs, and with community partners and industry.
- A Leadership in Simulation Instruction and Management Certificate Program, taught by world-class simulation faculty to help train the next generation of simulation educators in the academic and healthcare setting
- Courses in TeamSTEPPS© - Teamwork training principles Interprofessional experiences aligned with the IPEC Core Competencies
- Learning experiences using the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) Standards of Best Practice
- Simulation Accreditation by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare
- RISE on the Road Activities providing in-situ training within healthcare organizations