RMU partners with universities around the world for semester- and year-long exchanges.
RMU welcomes exchange students from the following partner universities, listed alphabetically by country.
- American Business School of Paris (France)
- TU Dortmund (Germany)
- University of Limerick (Ireland)
- Kansai Gaidai University (Japan)
- Meiji Gakuin University (Japan)
- Rabat Business School (Morocco)
- Edinburgh Napier University (Scotland)
- Eastern Switzerland University of Applied Sciences (Switzerland)
If your university is not listed above but you would like to start a partnership, fill out this interest form.
Partner University Nomination Deadlines
- Fall - March 20th
- Spring - October 15th
Student Application Deadlines
- Fall - April 1st
- Spring - November 1st
Please note that all exchange students will be required to attend an international student orientation that will occur the week before the start of classes. We will contact all accepted exchange students with recommended arrival dates and finalized orientation dates. You can find the Academic Calendar with the date that classes begin, and all other important semester dates and holidays, here.
Follow the steps below to search for courses at RMU:
- Click here for the RMU Course Catalog.
- Click on a department.
- Click on “List of all courses, their descriptions and offerings in the schedule book.”
Pay attention to which semester a course is offered in (see image). You may see courses offered for multiple terms. Some courses are offered every semester. Other courses are offered only in the Fall or only in the Spring. There are also some courses that run every other year or have not been offered in several years.
How to Apply
If your school is listed among our Exchange Partners, you are considered an exchange student. Robert Morris University and your school has made a special agreement to make the transfer of students between our schools an easy and smooth process.
Exchange students are students who attend Robert Morris University for one or two semesters, and return to their home institutions.
If you want to attend Robert Morris University for your entire degree, click here for more International Admissions.
The following process is required by Robert Morris University. Before continuing, please check with the Study Abroad or International Advisor at your home institution for any requirements and procedures they require.
- Have your study abroad office provide an official Nomination via email to Tabitha Slater.
- After your nomination has been accepted, you will receive an email from RMU with application instructions. As part of the application process, you will be required to provide your transcripts, passport, proof of English language skills, and show proof of funding of $9,500 per semester.
- After Acceptance you will receive more information about:
- Enrolling in courses
- Applying for housing
- Required Student Health Form
- Paying your RMU bill for room, board, insurance, and dorm damage deposit (and tuition fees, if applicable)
- Insurance requirements
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Immigration (Student Visa & DS-2019)
Following acceptance to RMU as an exchange student, you will receive your immigration document called a DS-2019. Once you have your documents, you will need to apply for a J-1 visa. More information about the DS-2019 and Visa process can be found on the Study in the States website.