Kihyun Park, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Operations Management (Management)
412-397-6045 phone (M)
Massey Hall 315
- Ph.D., Manufacturing Technology Management, Universitiy of Toledo, 2011
- Master of Science, Economics, Hanyang University, 2005
- Bachelor of Science, Economics, Hanyang University, 2003
- KMI (Korea Maritime Institute): Junior Researcher in Fishery Policy Research Department, 2005-2006.
- Bank of Korea (Korea Central Bank): Research Personnel in Monetary and Economic Research Institute, 2006
- Korean Army: Logistics Specialist, Military resources manager at the supply and distribution center in military supply chain and logistics, 1998-2000.
Area of Expertise/Research
- His research interests include supply chain risk management, resilient supply chain strategy practices and their outcomes in terms of visibility, security, and sustainability.
- “Strategic Supply Chain Partnership, Environmental Supply Chain Management Practices, and Performance Outcomes: An Empirical Study of Korean Firms.” Journal of Cleaner Production, 2012, (forthcoming).
- “Evolving Benchmarking Practices: A Review for Research Perspectives.” Benchmarking: an International Journal, 2012, (forthcoming).
- “Effective organizational control for sourcing risk: from the perspective of small companies in China.” International Journal of Procurement Management, 2012, (forthcoming).
- “Self-service Technologies (SSTs): Determinants of Adoption and Its Post-usage Outcomes from a Focal Company Perspective.” International Journal of Services and Operations Management Appears in the Special Issue on Emerging Issues in Services and Operations for Global Businesses, 2011, (forthcoming).
- “An Empirical Study of Electronic Commerce Applications’ Impacts on Supply Chain Integration and Organizational Performance.” Benchmarking: An International Journal 17(4), 539-560, 2010.
- 2012 - North American Research Symposium Conference, Best Research Paper Award Presentation.
- 2011 - Institute for Supply Management, National Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant Competition Winner in the amount of $12,000.
- 2010 - Midwest Decision Sciences Institute Conference, "Strategic Supply Chain Partnership, Environmental Supply Chain Management Practices, and Performance Outcomes", Best Research Paper Award Presentation.
- 2010 - Midwest Decision Sciences Institute Conference, "The Impact of Faculty Perceived Reconfigurability of Course Management Systems on Effective Teaching Practices", Best Instructional Innovative Paper Award Presentation.
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Kihyun
|MGMT3100-E||06:00-08:50 PM|| R||M||Park||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||2 Seats
|MGMT3180-L1||-||ONLINE||F||Park||2 (01/11-03/07/14)||19 Seats
|MGMT4180-A||01:00-01:50 PM||M W F||M||Park||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||22 Seats