Jeeyun Oh, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Communication (Communications)
412-397-6439 phone (M)
Wheatley Center 318
- Ph.D., Mass Communications, Pennsylvania State University, 2013
- Master of Arts, Communication, Seoul National University, 2009
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, Seoul National University, 2006
Area of Expertise/Research
- Psychology of Technology, Advertising, Digital/Social/New Media Interface, Media Effects, Human-Computer Interaction, and Health Communication
Chung, M-. Y., & Han, S. Y. (in press). The effects of user control on
movie trailer immersion, enjoyment,
and behavioral intention toward movie trailers. Journal of Media Psychology.
- Sundar, S.S., Bellur, S., Oh, J., Xu, Q., Jia, H. (2014). User Experience of on-screen interaction techniques: An experimental investigation of clicking, sliding, zooming, hovering, dragging, and flipping.Human-Computer Interaction 29 (2), 109-152.
- Oh, J., Robinson, H. R., & Lee, J. Y. (2013). Page flipping vs. clicking: The impact of naturally mapped interaction technique on user learning and attitudes. Computers in Human Behavior, 29 (4), 1334 – 1341.
- Sundar, S. S., Oh, J., Kang, H., & Sreenivasan, A. (2013). How does technology persuade? Theoretical mechanisms for persuasive technologies. In J. P. Dillard & L. Shen (Eds.), The SAGE Handbook of Persuasion (2nd ed.):Developments in Theory and Practice (pp. 388-404). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- 2013 - Oh, J., & Sundar, S. S. (2013, November). Can Interactivity enhance Fear?: The Effects of Interactivity
on an Anti-smoking Website on Emotional Engagement, Message Acceptance and Behavioral Intention. Paper accepted for presentation at the annual convention of the National Communication Association, Washington, D.C.
- 2013 -
Oh, J., & Sundar, S. S. (2013, August). How does Interactivity persuade? An Experimental Test of
Interactivity on Cognitive Absorption, Elaboration, and Attitudes. Paper accepted for presentation at the annual meeting of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Washington, D.C.
- 2012 - Oh, J., Chung, M. ?Y., & Schmierbach, M. (2012, August). The influence of video game controllers on
game-player?s self-awareness, sense of control and enjoyment. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Chicago, IL.
- 2012 - Sundar, S. S., Bellur, S., Oh, J., Jia, H., & Kim, H. S. (2012, May). The importance of message
contingency: An experimental investigation of interactivity in an online search site. Paper presented at the 62nd annual conference of the International Communication Association, Phoenix, AZ.
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Jeeyun
|COMM3050-A||02:00-04:50 PM|| W||M||Oh||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||22 Seats
|COMM3075-A||02:00-03:15 PM|| T R||M||Oh||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||15 Seats
|COMM3301-A||11:00-12:15 PM|| T R||M||Oh||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||1 Seats