DoD Cyber Scholarship
The Department of Defense Cyber Scholarship Program (DoD CySP) provides full ride scholarship grants to promote the education, recruitment and retention of qualified and selected students in cybersecurity studies at institutions with Center of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity (CAE-C) designations, including CAE-CDE (Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education).
Scholarship Award Coverage
- Full cost of tuition and fees (including health care)
- Annual stipend for room and board
- $27,000 for undergraduate students
- $32,000 for graduate students
- Cost of all required books (up to $1,250 a year)
- A laptop (up to $1,500)
- US citizen of 18 years of age or older
- Rising junior or senior at an undergraduate degree program OR begin the first or second year of a graduate (Master’s) degree program OR pursuing doctoral studies
- Pursuing a cybersecurity related program
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 for undergraduate students and 3.5 for graduate students
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Not on a comparable scholarship program
- Agree to serve 1 year for DoD upon graduation for each year of scholarship received
- See more details in Application Background and Requirements
- Not Eligible: Federal employees, Active Duty military, and DoD civilian employees
- Eligible: Contractor employees, traditional National Guard or Reservists, and Transitioning Military who have completely separated
Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 1pm, Virtual on Google Meet.
Please email Dr. Wang at email@example.com for an invitation and access link.
How to Apply
Qualified students planning to apply should attend the Information Session for detailed instructions. Individual guidance on completing the application will be provided.
- See detailed Student Application Preparation Instructions
- Submit new applications online at: https://www.
avuedigitalservices.com/ casting/aiportal/control/ mainmenu?agency=DDW&portal= CYSP
- Due date: Student applications with all supporting documents must be submitted by February 1, 2022 with no exceptions.
Dr. Ping Wang
CAE Point of Contact