Education Workshop 1: Intro to Online Learning
9:00 to 11:00 AM
This session will focus on the options and opportunities that exist within the online arena to transition traditional online teaching and learning to synchronous and asynchronous platforms. We will explore the role of the LMS in different course types and look at how utilizing a variety of blended online pedagogies can enhance teaching and student learning.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the four online course types in in online education and training.
- Compare and contrast the different onground versus online pedagogical opportunities.
- Analyze effective asynchronous and synchronous online pedagogies given different course examples.
- Synthesize and blend online pedagogies as part of the teaching and learning process given different educational settings and disciplines.
- The single workshop price is $95.
- The series of 10 workshops price is $750.
- As of July 8, 2020, please contact Patrick Litzinger or Tina Gitelman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-397-6383 to register for any individual workshop in the series.
Instructor: Dr. Richard Fuller
Dr. Richard Fuller is a Professor of Education and serves as the Interim Director of the Ph.D. in Instructional Management and Leadership program and is the Director of the Center for Innovative Teaching at Robert Morris University. Dr. Fuller teaches graduate and doctoral courses in instructional leadership, instructional design for traditional and distance education, and educational technology. He has over 40 years’ experience in education as an administrator, instructor and trainer. He received his Doctorate of Education from The Penn State University. His research interests center on leadership and motivation, creating interaction in distance education pedagogies, and how the use of technology can enhance learning.