Education Workshop 9: Online Formative and Summative Assessments: Opportunities and Limitations
9:00 to 11:00 AM
This session will look at how to effectively design and implement online exams. Discussion will also focus on online exam and security options.
- Design a table of specifications for exams;
- Create tests with appropriate item types;
- Consider test security-related features such as multiple equivalent forms, time limits, and multiple attempts.
- The single workshop price is $95.
- The series of 10 workshops price is $750.
- As of July 8, 2020, please contact Patrick Litzinger or Tina Gitelman directly at email@example.com or 412-397-6383 to register for any individual workshop in the series.
Instructor: Dr. Mary Hansen
Dr. Mary Hansen is a university professor in the Education department at Robert Morris University. Her research interests lie in the areas of educational measurement and assessment. She is interested in design and technical issues related to large-scale test development, as well as classroom assessment practices, including the use and impact of formative assessment practices on student learning, and the impact of instruction as measured through outcomes assessment instruments. For over 10 years, she has worked with alternate assessments administered to students with severe intellectual disabilities. Dr. Hansen specializes in quantitative research design and statistical analysis of data, and she regularly serves as a program evaluator for grant-based projects. She has conducted research related to the use of assistive technologies for students with disabilities, and research related to establishing the validity argument for a statewide alternate assessment through a wide range of evaluation and research studies.