COVID-19 Information Hub
Please check this page for regular updates regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, including recent messages to the campus community.
- Beginning with the start of the Fall 2021 semester, the COVID-19 vaccine will be required for all RMU students who are enrolled for in-person classes, students who reside in on-campus housing, and students involved in club sports and intercollegiate athletics. Learn more here.
- Exemptions to the vaccine requirement may be granted for medical reasons or due to objections related to religious, moral, or ethical beliefs.
- RMU no longer requires anyone to wear masks on campus, either indoors or outdoors.
- Assuming continued progress in controlling the virus, we plan on returning to normal in-person instruction and activities for Fall 2021, including athletics with fans in attendance and other major campus events. Learn more.
- The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act, the second federal COVID relief package, became law in December and includes aid that will be distributed directly to students by RMU. Learn more.
RMU COVID-19 Dashboard
Positive cases reported to RMU since 8/21/2020: 510
Currently In Isolation
Currently In Quarantine
Individuals in isolation have tested positive for COVID-19. Individuals in quarantine have shown symptoms and are awaiting test results or have been exposed to an infected person. The number of people in isolation and quarantine includes both those doing so in campus housing and off-campus housing, or, in the case of employees, their homes.
Last updated 8/2 at 3:10 PM
Learn more about:
Sentinel Surveillance Testing for COVID-19
Robert Morris University has partnered with Curative, Inc., the UPMC MyHealth@School Center, and the Allegheny County Health Department to conduct COVID-19 testing among our students. Even though the number of students and employees infected with COVID-19 remains low, RMU will continue our efforts to ensure the campus community is safe, especially now during the colder months when we are mostly indoors.