The undergraduate level certificate program in Nutrition is beneficial for multiple populations and will provide a better sense of the importance of nutrition education. The online program is ideal to reach both traditional and nontraditional students while continuing the growth of technology-based education. Program courses are built on science-based nutrition education to provide a foundation in nutrition and dietetic science. The courses are a blend of nutrition-based courses as well as complimentary courses to enhance the overall understanding of how nutrition relates to science. This certificate program focuses on students who want to explore professional options or those interested in starting a new career in health and wellness.
- BIOL1050 Concepts and Controversies of Nutrition (Online - Spring, Summer, Fall. On Ground - Spring & Fall)
- BIOL1120 Food Science and Application (Online Fall)
- BIOL1130 Biochemistry for Nutrition (Online Spring 1st 8 weeks, Online Summer)
- BIOL1140 Nutrition in the Lifecycle (Online Spring 2nd 8 weeks)
- BIOL2050 Human Nutrition (Online Spring 2nd 8 weeks)
These are some of the classes for students in this academic program: