Digital Forensics Fundamentals
The Digital Forensics Fundamentals undergraduate certificate equips students with knowledge and skills in digital forensics, cyber investigation, cyber ethics, and cyber laws. The certificate prepares students for a career in the field of digital forensics.
Upon completion of this certificate, graduates will be able to:
- Understand the processes and goals of cyber forensics investigations.
- Gather cyber forensic evidence to uncover threats and vulnerabilities.
- Gain the foundational knowledge and learn the technologies needed to detect, investigate, and prevent cyber incidents, prevent the loss of sensitive proprietary information and deter future cyberattacks in an organization.
The 12-credit undergraduate certificate is designed as a standalone stackable credential. Credits can also be applied to the 120-credit B.S. in Cybersecurity, or as electives in another B.S. program.
- Certificate Requirements and Courses
- CYBS3120 Fundamentals of Digital Forensics
- CYBS3170 Cyberlaw
- CYBS3190 Cyber Forensic Investigations
- CYBS4180 Network Forensics
- Contact Us
Dr. Jamie Pinchot
Department Head, Computer and Information Systems
Professor of Computer and Information Systems
These are some of the classes for students in this academic program: