Undergraduate Summer Research Academy (uR@RMU)
Click on "Summer Research Projects" to review the projects and on "Student Application" to submit your application by March 31, 2021.
The “Undergraduate Summer Research Academy” program enables a cohort of undergraduate students to gain research experience by working closely with an assigned RMU faculty member for 6 weeks in Summer 2021. The students will be paid a stipend and will receive free on-campus housing (room only) (not in 2021) but will not receive any course credits. Faculty will be awarded a research reward.
The program aims to instill research experience in undergraduate students and supplement RMU faculty’s research agenda. A rich and comprehensive research experience through this program is expected to generate further research interest in undergraduate students and strengthen RMU students’ applications in graduate schools and in national and international scholarships.
RMU undergraduate students (66 credits or more completed), selected for gaining hands-on research experience are the Research Students of this academy. Qualifying RMU students will apply for undergraduate research projects, and if selected will gain unique research experiences working with RMU’s Summer Research Faculty, present research findings in the Undergraduate Research Conference, and work towards co-authoring a research paper with their Summer Research Faculty.
- Research Students will be paid a stipend of $2,400 each.
- Research Students will receive free summer accommodations for 6 weeks in RMU residence halls (room only) (not in 2021).
- Research Students will not receive any course credits.
Research Students are required to take advantage of the opportunity given to them.
- Students are expected to closely follow their research plan to engage in a rich, hands-on research experience.
- Students are required to carry out original work.
- Students should communicate frequently with their assigned Summer Research Faculty member.
- Students may be required to work with other students.
- Students should present their findings in the form of a poster at the end of the program to the Undergraduate Summer Research Academy participants (Students, Faculty, and Administrators) and to the campus community at the Undergraduate Research Conference the following spring semester.
While the Research Program is expected to begin on Monday May 10, 2021, the date can be flexible (if the research student and Research Faculty both agree). If you are interested, please submit your application by March 31, 2021. For questions, please email Dr. Sushil Acharya at email@example.com.