Click on "Summer 2019 Research Projects" to review the projects and on "Student Application" to submit your application.
The Research & Grants Administration (R&GA) has launched a new undergraduate research program – the “Undergraduate Summer Research Academy.” The inaugural cohort of 5 undergraduate students will gain research experience by working closely with an assigned RMU faculty member for 6 weeks in Summer 2019. The students will be paid a stipend and will receive free on-campus housing (room only) but will not receive any course credits. Faculty will be awarded a fellowship.
The program aims to instill research experience in undergraduate students and supplement RMU faculty’s research agenda. A rich and comprehensive research experience through this program is expected to generate further research interest in undergraduate students and strengthen RMU students’ applications in graduate schools and in national and international scholarships.
RMU undergraduate students (66 credits or more completed), selected for gaining hands-on research experience are the Research Students of this academy. Qualifying RMU students will apply for undergraduate research projects, and if selected will gain unique research experiences working with RMU’s Summer Research Faculty, present research findings in the Undergraduate Research Conference, and work towards co-authoring a research paper with their Summer Research Faculty.
- Research Students will be paid a stipend of $2,400 each.
- Research Students will receive free summer accommodations for 6 weeks in RMU residence halls (room only).
- Research Students will not receive any course credits.
Research Students are required to take advantage of the opportunity given to them.
- Students are expected to closely follow their research plan to engage in a rich, hands-on research experience.
- Students are required to carry out original work.
- Students should communicate frequently with their assigned Summer Research Faculty member.
- Students may be required to work with other students.
- Students should present their findings in the form of a poster at the end of the program to the Undergraduate Summer Research Academy participants (Students, Faculty, and Administrators) and to the campus community at the Undergraduate Research Conference the following spring semester.
Research Program begins the Monday after Convocation (May 13th, 2019). If you are interested, please complete the application. If you have any questions, please write to Dr. Sushil Acharya at firstname.lastname@example.org.