Class of 2020 Information
We are happy to announce that we will be holding in-person Commencement ceremonies for the Robert Morris University Class of 2020 on June 11-12, 2021, at the UPMC Events Center.
You are eligible to participate in these Commencement ceremonies if you earned a bachelor’s or master’s degree in August 2019, December 2019, or May 2020.
Commencement Policy Statement
April 17, 2021: Please click here for an updated statement on the commencement policy regarding guests.
The last day to order regalia is April 4. You can still purchase regalia after this date through the B&N Bookstore but it is not guaranteed to arrive in time for commencement.
Dates and Times
Doctoral Ceremony: Thursday, May 6 | May 2020 and May 2021 Graduates
- 4:00 PM: School of Informatics, Humanities and Social Sciences and School of Nursing, Education and Human Studies
Master's Ceremonies: Friday, May 7
- 4:00 PM: School of Informatics, Humanities and Social Sciences
- 6:00 PM: School of Business; School of Nursing, Education and Human Studies; and School of Engineering, Mathematics and Science
Bachelor's Ceremonies: Saturday, May 8
- 9:00 AM: School of Business
- 11:00 AM: School of Informatics, Humanities and Social Sciences
- 1:00 PM: School of Engineering, Mathematics and Science
- 3:00 PM: School of Nursing, Education and Human Studies
Commencement Program Information
You have the opportunity to view your name as it will be printed in the 96th Commencement Program. To ensure your name appears correctly, you will be sent an email for review which will allow you to make any corrections. If you do not want your name printed in the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for review and submissions ends Wednesday, April 14th.
All diplomas are mailed by our diploma manufacturer directly to your home, so you will receive it even if you are unable to attend a commencement ceremony.
Diplomas will be mailed to your permanent address that you provided in Sentry. It is highly important to change your address before the end of the semester if you plan to move after graduating. You are permitted to change your address to another like a relative or your place of business, not to RMU to pick up.