Featured Scholarship Opportunities
- Next Century Scholarship
- The James and Louisa Rudolph Scholarship and TALI Mentorship Program
- Junior Achievement Scholarship
- NEED Scholarship
- RMU Alumni Endowed Scholarship
- Colonial Success Fund (ISA)
- Highmark Scholarship
- The Pittsburgh Promise
Next Century Scholarship
- Application deadline is March 1, 2022
The scholarships are open to applicants from underrepresented groups and others who demonstrate a commitment to empowering members of underrepresented groups, combating stereotypes, and enabling others to better understand persons of different races, ethnicities or other traits.
Recipients will be able to choose from several degree programs at RMU including: Computer & Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics & Predictive Analytics, Computer Science or User Experience User Interface Design (UX-UI).
- Applicants must apply to and be accepted into an Engineering, Science, Math or Computer Science related program at RMU.
- Submit two letters of recommendation:
- One from a STEM teacher.
- One additional letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to your extra or co-curricular activities, and/or leadership, employment, or volunteer activities. This letter may be from an employer, religious leader, community leader, coach (who might also be a teacher), boy scout or girl scout leader, etc.
- Tell us about yourself
- Please describe your background or experience in math, technology, or a related area. It can be a club, a class, a job shadow experience, or an independent self-guided experience such as solving tech or math problems on your own, or building robots or software on your own.
- Answer the following question in a written or video essay
- Essay (Video Essay Optional)
- What is a next century problem that needs to be solved? How can you through your chosen career/major help solve that problem?
- Video should be 2-3 minutes.
- Written essay should be 400-500 words
- Essay (Video Essay Optional)
- Finalists will be invited for a virtual meet and greet
The James and Louisa Rudolph Scholarship and TALI Mentorship Program
The James and Louisa Scholarship and TALI Mentorship Program provides qualified students with a two-year $3,000 annual scholarship as well as professional mentorship through the Advanced Leadership Initiative (TALI). The scholarship is open to students from underrepresented groups and those who champion diversity and inclusion. It is in addition to any other scholarships and financial aid for which students qualify, and it is for students who graduate from a high school in Allegheny County.
Students who receive the scholarship will be assigned a mentor through TALI, whose mission is to increase the number of African Americans who hold executive leadership roles in the Pittsburgh region. TALI mentors will help to launch RMU students into great careers and great lives.
Junior Achievement Scholarship
RMU and Junior Achievement of Western Pennsylvania will award a $2,000 annual scholarship to any student who enrolls at RMU and participated in JA programs at either the junior high or senior high school level. This scholarship is made possible in part through a gift from Chick-fil-A.
RMU in partnership with the NEED Foundation has established the RMU NEED scholarship fund. With this scholarship, RMU hopes to assist low-income, African American students from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with funding for their education. This scholarship will be awarded to students who demonstrate unmet need when all other aid, grants and scholarships have been exhausted.
RMU Alumni Endowed Scholarship
Established in 1995, the Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship provides funds for alumni or their children, stepchildren or grandchildren to pursue an undergraduate degree at RMU.
Colonial Success Fund (ISA)
For nearly a century, Robert Morris University has been the place where strivers, drivers, and doers go to get the education and experience they need to launch great careers and great lives. The Colonial Success Fund uses an innovative college financing tool called an income share agreement (ISA) to help make college more affordable for our students by reducing the amount of traditional student loan debt they need in order to fund their education.
Both Highmark and Robert Morris University are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. To this end, Highmark has provided an endowment to fund a $25,000 per year Scholarship for an incoming RMU actuarial science student. The recipient of this award will be from an underrepresented group and/or demonstrate commitment to empowering members of underrepresented groups, combating stereotypes, and enabling others to better understand persons of different races, ethnicities or other traits.
The scholarship is renewable for up to four years, provided the recipient remains in good standing. In addition, recipients of this scholarship are guaranteed to receive an internship offer from Highmark prior to their junior or senior year of study at RMU.
The Pittsburgh Promise
RMU is a proud member of the Pittsburgh Promise Preferred College Partners Program. We provide full-time students receiving the Pittsburgh Promise scholarship with an additional award of $5,000 per year, called the RMU Pittsburgh Public Schools Scholarship. Like the Pittsburgh Promise scholarship, RMU’s additional award is renewable for four years.
All Promise Scholars at RMU are assigned a dedicated counselor in the Center for Student Success. The Center for Student Success provides academic support, one-on-one personal guidance, and undergraduate leadership opportunities to help students be engaged in campus life, succeed in their studies, and graduate on time.