Resources for the Class of 2025
And so it begins. The college search has started and we’re happy to help as much as we can along the way.
Welcome future Colonials! We hope that you and your family are staying safe and well. We know that there is a lot of uncertainty right now and that you and your family may have many questions as you plan to enroll at RMU this fall. As always, we are here to help you with anything that you need. Our admissions and financial aid teams, and our faculty are available to speak to you by phone or virtual meeting as well. The following are some excellent resources that may also assist you during this time.
The Fall 2021 application is now open!
- Visit rmu.edu/apply or the Common Application
- Rolling Admissions
- No cost to apply
- All admitted students will automatically be considered for a merit scholarship
Test Optional Policy
We realize that this year has presented many challenges for prospective students and families. Many have been unable to take the SAT or ACT, and many others who have taken the exams do not believe their scores actively portray their academic performance or accurately predict their future success. To make the admissions process as flexible as possible, RMU has waived the requirement for all programs for freshman applicants for Fall 2021. Learn more here.
- Students will not be penalized for pass/fail grades on their transcripts. RMU will continue to perform a holistic review of applicants and their credentials. The cumulative and/or weighted GPA provided on the high school transcript will be used for admission and merit awarding purposes.
Meet Your Counselor
- At RMU, we understand the importance of providing personal attention to each one of our prospective students. Our admissions counselors are available to you throughout the college search and selection process. For prospective students and families, your assigned counselor is your first contact for all questions. Click here to view our admissions counselors and their profiles to find your direct contact.
RMU is currently scheduling in-person campus visits in compliance with Pennsylvania and Allegheny County public health recommendations. There are restrictions on out-of-state visitors from states deemed Covid-19 "hot spots". Click here to schedule your visit!
RMU is Affordable
Keeping college within reach: 90% of RMU student receive financial aid. Earning your diploma should give you an advantage in your career, not a burden. That's why RMU is one of the most affordable private universities in Pennsylvania. Learn more below:
- Net Price Calculator
- Public Price Match Plus
- College Affordability Academy
- Financial Aid
The 2021-22 FAFSA is open and RMU will be sending financial aid packages to completed filers with an admissions decision every few weeks. To add RMU to your FAFSA, please use our school code (003359).
Virtual Tour of Campus
We know that visiting campus is a critical part of the decision making process for all students. Since we are unable to host you on campus at this time, we suggest taking our virtual tour of campus. It’s the next best thing to being here in person.
As you and your family prepare to apply for college and move through the search process, it’s likely that you will have questions along the way. You can reach out to the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (412)397-5200, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.