From the Banner Application Navigator (AppNav) Main Menu, type SGASTDN, then press Enter.
The General Student Page (SGASTDN) displays academic information about a student, such as:
- When the student was admitted to Robert Morris University
- A student's Major
- A student's Veteran status
From this screen, you can also update student information if you have the appropriate security role.
1. You will first be prompted to enter the student's ID (or your can search by name by clicking the 3 dots ...). You will also need to enter the relevant Term and then press 'Go' in the upper right. If you click on the 'Student Summary' button, go to step 4 below for more explanation of this option.
1a. If you selected the 3 dots (...) to search by name, click the 'Person Search' link when prompted. That will display a method to search by person:
1b. Enter the search criteria (ex. last name, first name, etc.). You can use "wildcard characters" to search (ex. Morr%). When ready, click the 'Go' button on the right of the screen.
2. Your search results will be displayed. You may see IDs that do not begin with 'R', select the row of the person you want to view that has an ID beginning with 'R'. Double-click the ID of the appropriate student (or select 'Select' in the bottom right), and you will be returned to the initial SGASTDN screen where you will enter the appropriate Term, then click 'Go' in the upper right.
3. You will be presented with a screen that looks similar to the below. Mouse click into each tab (ex. Curricula, Activities, Veteran, etc.) to view various information.
As you click the tabs at the top of the screen (ex. Curricula, Activities, etc.) you will see various student information. You can also use the record scroll arrows in a given information block to scroll through multiple records if they exist. For example, a history of Curricula by Term.
If you have the appropriate level of security, you can modify student information via SGASTDN. Mouse click into the 'block' or tab containing the information you wish to view / modify. If there is no information in a given block (ex. if no veteran information has been entered for a student), you can enter the appropriate information, click the 3 dots (...) next to fields that have that option to display the list of values, select the appropriate value, then click 'Save' in the bottom right when all updates are complete.
If there is information that you wish to change, you may have to click the [+]Insert button (upper right of the block) to insert a new row, enter the appropriate information, then mouse click the row with the information you wish to delete, click the [-]Delete button (upper right), then click the 'Save' button on the bottom right. This will delete the 'old' information, and insert the 'new' information.
4. From the initial / main SGASTDN screen, if you click the 'Student Summary' button, you will be presented with a screen similar to the example below. This is a summary view of the student information.
You can always close screens to start over using the 'X' in the upper left.