Every student is provided with a Robert Morris University account after they receive their acceptance. This account will allow you to access various technology services, such as grades and scheduling. In addition, your account will be accompanied with an @mail.rmu.edu email account.
Before coming to campus, there is a lot that you can do to prepare yourself. RMU Information Technology has you set with a list of activities to complete and setup to get you ahead of the game and ready for your first semester here.
Activate your sentry account
- Your Sentry Secured Services account is your online account that allows you to access RMU services, such as your grades and schedule. To activate your account, go to rmu.edu/activate. To sign in to an activated account, go to rmu.edu/myRMU.
Activate your google account
- Your Google Account will have the same login credentials as your Sentry Secured Services account. By logging in to your Gmail account, you will have access to your @mail.rmu.eduemail account. To access your email account, go to rmu.edu/gmail.
Register with RMU Alert (rmu.edu/rmualert)
- RMU Alert is our emergency notification system that rapidly sends text, voice, and network broadcast messages in critical situations such as power outages, weather-related closings and delays, and campus security situations. Register today at rmu.edu/rmualert.
Add the Help Desk to your contacts (412) 397-2211
- The RMU Help Desk is a free service to all students, faculty, and staff that allow them to receive technical support when needed. Be sure to add the Help Desk phone number (412) 397-2211 to your contacts! They can also be reached at email@example.com.
Resident students add Resnet number (412) 397-2299
- Resident students have access to ResTech, a division of RMU Information Technology that was created specifically for resident students. If you experience any technical issues on campus, contact the ResTech office at (412) 397-2299 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like RMU Information Technology on Facebook
- You're connected and so are we! Our RMU Information Technology Facebook page allows us to keep you up-to-date and informed with current and important information. Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/RMUInformationTechnology.
Follow RMU Information Technology on Twitter
- RMU Information Technology is also on Twitter! Follow us so that you can stay up-to-date with information coming directly from us on Twitter: @RMU_IT.
Become familiar with Google G Suite for Education
- RMU utilizes Google G Suite for Education. This means that your RMU Account has access to Google services, such as Gmail, Google Drive, Google Plus, Google Hangouts, and more! Check out the products included in Google G Suite.
Check out our classrooms before classes begin
- Want to get ahead of the game? Check out your classrooms online. Our RMU Classrooms site offers photos, information, and even 360-degree panoramas (in most buildings) of all classrooms on campus. Check them out today at rmu.edu/classrooms.
Learn more about printing at RMU
- RMU offers printing on-campus through lab computers and through wireless printing. Learn more about printing and familiarize yourself with our print stations before trying it out. Access printing information at rmu.edu/printing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I activate my account?
A: New users can activate their account by going to rmu.edu/activate. You will have to use your RMU ID card number and last four digits of your social security number to verify and activate your account.
Q: Why can't I log in after changing my password?
A: After changing your password, please allow up to 5 minutes for the changes to take effect. If you still cannot access your account after 5 minutes, please contact the Help Desk.
Q: How much storage do I have with my account?
A: Every student is provided with a (U:) drive that has 1 GB of storage. In addition, you receive 30 GB of storage in Google Drive with your account. For more information, check out the User Storage page.
Q: How do I access my email account?
A: You can access your RMU email account by going to rmu.edu/gmail. You will use the login credentials as your regular student account.