MyHealth RMU Policies
Your health record is a private matter between you and your health care provider. Information can only be released with your written permission.
All residents are required to have a completed health form on file with Student Health Services prior to the start of classes. Forms may be downloaded from the RMU website. Failure to comply may result in restriction of use of campus Student Health Services and participation in some campus activities.
The following immunizations are required. Robert Morris University Student Health Services requires that all full time students entering the University present documentation of immunization with the following vaccines no later than the first day of in-person classes:
- Two doses of chicken pox vaccine given at least one month apart OR
- A blood test verifying immunity OR
- A history of disease.
Measles, Mumps, Rubella Vaccine (MMR)
- Two doses are required. The first dose must be given after the first birthday and the second dose given at least one month later OR
- A blood test verifying immunity.
Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis Vaccine (Td or Tdap)
- One dose of Td (Tetanus-Diphtheria Vaccine) or Tdap (Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine) within the last ten years.
Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Three doses are required. The first two doses given on month apart and the third dose 4-6 months after the first OR
- A blood test verifying immunity.
- All students must have at least one dose of the vaccine (MENACTRA) on or after the 16th birthday covering serogroups A, C, Y and W-135.
- According to the latest recommendations (May 2023), individuals 6 years of age or older and those who are unvaccinated may now receive a 1 dose series of the updated Moderna bivalent vaccine or the Pfizer-BioNTech bivalent vaccine. Individuals vaccinated prior to April 2023 should provide documentation of their 2 dose series of Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, or Noravax, or the 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson Janssen vaccine. Wait to submit your immunization information until you have completed your primary series.
International students must present documentation of immunization with polio vaccine and a Tuberculin skin test by mantoux method or a chest x-ray within the past year and should contact the Center for Global Engagement at 412-397-4243 if they have received a COVID-19 vaccine other than those listed above..
Please note: Students in health professional programs may have additional immunization requirements. Please check with your program.
Exemption from requirements
Students may be exempted from the immunization requirements if there is a medical contraindication or if religious/moral/ethical belief prohibits immunizations. A signed Medical Exemption form indicating specific medical contraindication from a Medical Doctor, Osteopath, Nurse Practitioner or a Physician's Assistant is required for medical exemption. Students with religious/moral/ethical beliefs that prohibit them from immunization must submit a signed Religious/Moral/Ethical Exemption form. This form may be requested by contacting Student Health Services. Please note that students granted an exemption will be notified in the unlikely event of any outbreak of a vaccine preventable illness and will have the option of obtaining the vaccine at the time or will be advised to leave campus until the outbreak is over.
Failure to comply with these requirements will jeopardize the student's registration privileges and ability to obtain keys to his/her residence hall.
A recent review conducted by the American College Health Association recommended that the administration of immunotherapy to students be discontinued. As a result, we will no longer provide this service. Student may contact the Center for local resources.
MyHealth RMU does not administer flu shots to students. Flu shots can be received at the following local pharmacies and clinics near to the University: Giant Eagle, Rite-Aid, Walgreen's, Walmart, Med Express.
MyHealth RMU will not perform routine physical exams for the completion of a health form. Physical exams are provided at Heritage Valley Health System (www.heritagevalley.org), MedExpress (www.medexpress.com).
For complete details about RMU's Hospital Transportation Policy, see RMU Hospital Transportation Policy
The MyHealth RMU Center does not issue medical excuses covering class absences, missed examinations or other academic/work obligations. A recommendation to be excused from certain obligations may only be issued at the discretion of the Advanced Practice Provider following a telemedicine visit at the Center. Students should report extended medical absences to the Dean of Students Office at 412-397-6483.
Robert Morris University is committed to offering a student health insurance policy that balances the cost of the premium with quality health insurance coverage to meet the needs of our students. In order to achieve an affordable option, RMU is instituting a mandatory hard waiver policy for select groups of students.
All accidents must be reported to
RMU and a form completed within 48 hours of incident. See Accident Investigation Report.
Student Accessibility Services
Students that require special accommodations should contact the Center for Student Success at (412) 397-4349 for assistance.